Like Tree4Likes

Visiting Singapore for Chinese new year

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Visiting Singapore for Chinese new year

Hi,
    Me and my family will be traveling to India for the Chinese new year. On the way and is going to stay in Singapore for 3 days and 2 nights.
    I have a few questions
    1. Can I check in part of my luggage to India. I am traveling by Singapore Airline.
    2. Can any one suggest some place to try local cuisine?
    3. Any travel agent in Hong Kong or Singapore where I can buy the entry tickets for the venus like universal studios, bird park etc. I think they should be cheaper If I buy from travel agents.

Thanks

Suggested answers to your second questions: Hawker Centers. Quick search for best hawker food stalls.
    And Candlenut for Peranakan cuisine.

trisonics likes this.

Re the Bird Park, skip it if you are on limited time, not really worth it. The Night Safari also, we much preferred daytime at Singapore Zoo. If you do go to the zoo, pack swimmers/towel for the kids. About half-way round there is a small water park for the children to play in, which really helps as it can get sticky walking around. Also try to get there early, is very busy in the afternoons.

You usually cannot check luggage through on airlines if the stopover is more than 24 hours, so probably not. You could send it as unaccompanied luggage but that costs extra (worth it if you have heaps to take home and not much luggage allowance). Otherwise, you can probably find storage at the airport if you just don't want to lug it all around town with you.

thanks all. Any idea which kind of food is available in Arab Street

arabic food?

virago likes this.

LOL, what would you expect in Arab St? From the questions you are asking, check on Google for Singapore tourist info.

you can show your singapore airlines boarding pass to get discount for bird's park and Singapore flyer ..
    SIA - Boarding Pass Privileges

trisonics likes this.

Sorry I mean how good is the Arabic food. Previously I have tried some Lebanese and Turkish cousin in Hong Kong. I liked it so is it worth.

Never had a bad meal there but if your time in Singapore is limited I'd skip it. Little India has some good ones. Robertson Quay is nice (not as touristy as Boat Quay - which is a rip-off by the way) just up from Clarke Quay.

trisonics likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast