Bugs in Northern NT

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

haha.. I have both those things! But I usually get bit when I'm outside helping my dad train the dogs. I just have to cover up when I go out even when its +25C!

In true Northern Territories style you could always have other bigger bugs you leave around the house to eat the smaller ones that bite you *ha ha* (I say this with love for N.T. as my personal favorite part of Hong Kong).

Quote Originally Posted by dean-dzai:
    In true Northern Territories style you could always have other bigger bugs you leave around the house to eat the smaller ones that bite you *ha ha* (I say this with love for N.T. as my personal favorite part of Hong Kong).
    Hi there, also in Fanling? Which Tower do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Azuremain:
    Hi there, also in Fanling? Which Tower do you live?
    Fanling Center, the most happening estate in Fanling (urm, it's okay I guess)

OK, finally got to know one of the neighbours and this is what they told me. Buy a can of MALATHION EC INSECTICIDE at the market, and a pump spray. Mix 3 caps of the insecticide in a pail of water and use the pump spray to spray it all over the exterior of the house, and that should keep all bugs away for the day. Be sure to wear a face mask. Hope it works!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    that should keep all bugs away for the day. Be sure to wear a face mask. Hope it works!
    Only for a day? aaaiyaah

um... yeah. once a day for the first few days, then after that once every other day.

Oh, and you're suppose to spray on the trees and bushes around the house, not ON the house, as that would be suicide, LOL

Is it working?

Sounds okay, I guess that's what my estate does. They tell everyone living on the lower levels to close their windows when they do it - having signs in the foyer of each block.

Is it working?

Wow, insecticide. Not good. Get screens on your windows and use DEET on your clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Wow, insecticide. Not good. Get screens on your windows and use DEET on your clothes.
    Meh... my neighbours aint dead yet... and trust me, this is like the last resort!