Like Tree3Likes

Cheapest gym in Hong Kong to pay by the day?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cheapest gym in Hong Kong to pay by the day?

Hi Folks,

I was just in Physical Fitness in Tsim Sha Tsui and they tell me that to use their gym just one time is 150HK dollars. I think this is a rip off! Does anyone know a cheaper gym where I can pay by the day? I don't know how long I will be in Hong Kong so I don't think the 3 month subscription service at Physical Fitness is suitable for me, nearly 1700HK dollars. Also, is it just me or has Physical Fitness been hiking up their prices a lot in recent months? I thought their daily rate there was 60HK dollars, not 150 HK dollars. I live in Tsim Sha Tsui. I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me of a cheaper gym with treadmills that is cheaper than 150 HK dollars each time to go!

You should be able to get a free one week trial in most gyms, so that's a start. You could probably get a cheaper day rate in some hotels (although some won't allow this). From your post it seems you only want a treadmill... if so, I guess I'm stating the obvious but what about running outside? There are even free public running tracks in HK.

The public gyms are $180 month or $22 or some fee like that for a day. BUT you must take their 3 hour briefing. If you do decide that it is hard to online register as the local youth will fill it before you - but just turn up on the night of the briefing and no doubt if it is like Sheung Wan they take everyone who is there.

The briefing is in Cantonese and the test (10 Questions - t or f) is in English. I thought it was stupid and a waste of time as they demo the equipment use and I know how it all works BUT when I took it my attitude changed as the stretching exercises the person demos were very good and some I hadn't seen before. Also it was a good reminder of how to use the equipment correctly to get the full benefit. Demonstrating in Canto is fine. I ended up enjoying the session.

SalseroHK likes this.

I can't think of any gyms who do pay by the day gym access, but I know most of them do free trials

Last edited by jiayin_hk; 09-03-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Go to the park and play on the bars. It's free.

jiayin_hk likes this.

My Club House 10$ per visit on Weekdays and 15$ on Weekends!

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    You should be able to get a free one week trial in most gyms, so that's a start. You could probably get a cheaper day rate in some hotels (although some won't allow this). From your post it seems you only want a treadmill... if so, I guess I'm stating the obvious but what about running outside? There are even free public running tracks in HK.
    Well, Physical gym were offering no such week's free trial. Maybe such offers are only for people with Hong Kong Permanent ID cards? Yeah, I'm running outside. But, I figure I can burn off weight more effectively if I joined a gym. Do you have the address of a free running track in the Tsim Sha Tsui area or nearby?

Quote Originally Posted by amrit.bharadwaj:
    My Club House 10$ per visit on Weekdays and 15$ on Weekends!
    Sounds good. Do you have the address? No catches?
    pb1234 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Go to the park and play on the bars. It's free.
    It's me pot belly I wanna burn off. The auld bars won't do it that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    The public gyms are $180 month or $22 or some fee like that for a day. BUT you must take their 3 hour briefing. ........
    Thank you. It might be worth giving this a try. Do you have the address of the nearest public gym to Tsim Sha Tsui?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast