Like Tree16Likes

Coffee - Just say NO

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Coffee - Just say NO

my favourite: Over 99.9% of alcohol, herion, cocaine, and meth addicts have tried coffee first
    Last edited by Rob2020; 16-04-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:

my favourite: Over 99.9% of alcohol, herion, cocain, and meth addicts have tried coffee first
    Classic example of a "gateway drug."

Sums it up pretty well. I support the cause. The depression rate in North America is way too high and coffee is definitely the direct cause of it. Nobody's going to look out for consumer's true well being. They gotta be aware and do it themselves.

Often times the problem lies in the heavily funded researches from the coffee industry - giving consumers false reasoning to consume coffee. It's that much more difficult to pull them back to being coffee free as victims are much more unwilling to quit as they cling onto its synthetic 'benefits'.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    Sums it up pretty well. I support the cause. The depression rate in North America is way too high and coffee is definitely the direct cause of it. Nobody's going to look out for consumer's true well being. They gotta be aware and do it themselves.

Often times the problem lies in the heavily funded researches from the coffee industry - giving consumers false reasoning to consume coffee. It's that much more difficult to pull them back to being coffee free as victims are much more unwilling to quit as they cling onto its synthetic 'benefits'.
    I really can not work out if you are joking or being serious.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    The depression rate in North America is way too high and coffee is definitely the direct cause of it.
    Yeah right
    justjoe86 likes this.

Oh the irony. I was drinking a double espresso as I logged in.

I said yes to coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Classic example of a "gateway drug."
    This is why I've always said the biggest gateway drug of them all is breast milk.

Show me a drug addict, a thief or even a serial killer and I'll show you someone who has probably dabbled in breast milk..

As for water, I fear for my life when I see people drinking that stuff.
    Last edited by justjoe86; 16-04-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Stoob and dear giant like this.

Tigersun... I have found that the best way to get off oxygen is to quit for about ten minutes. Most oxygenics who do this never revert to their addiction.

Satay Sue likes this.

Though the original post is in jest, pretty high probability that if caffeine were a new drug introduced today by a Pharma company, it would require years of testing before governmental regulatory agencies (such as the U.S. Food and Drug Admin, for example) would approve it for sale - possibly by prescription only.

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I really can not work out if you are joking or being serious.
    I happen to see the opening post's picture as a cause disguising as a joke so that the info can be better digested by the addicts.

In the food industry, often times textbooks are written for the sole purpose of promoting certain foods as having 'health benefits', deemphasizing all the side effects of it. Ever seen 'new studies' of foods where the info practically swept the whole nation? The food industry is marketing through a mean that is accepted by science related professionals.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast