Like Tree146Likes

British man tried to rape a Chinese woman in Beijing and got beaten up.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    "Bleeding hearts" for someone who got a kick to his head, not for raping. I've said that all along. I have not change my argument. Think before you say anything.
    Nobody was sympathetic to him. You said they were. You are talking a load of rubbish. End of discussion.

Basically, saying that someone shouldn't be kicked in the head when unconscious doesn't mean you feel sympathy for them. Is that clear now?

Ern and MovingIn07 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Nobody was sympathetic to him. You said they were. You are talking a load of rubbish. End of discussion.
    Nobody said it point blank. But I was just wondering because why all the fuss about seeing him getting a kick to his head was what I was talking about, not the rape. Other posters have denied this. How many times do I have to repeat myself?
    Last edited by Watercooler; 17-05-2012 at 01:19 PM.
    justjoe86 likes this.

I think he was a poofter anyway...

Nobody said it point blank.
    The only place anyone showed sympathy was in that very vivid imagination of yours. You can keep repeating yourself all day if you want, but I suggest that you should stop embarrassing yourself because with every time you do so...

my heart bleeds
    Last edited by justjoe86; 17-05-2012 at 01:21 PM.

And also it wasn't clear that "rape" had even taken place.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    The only place anyone showed sympathy was in that very vivid imagination of yours. You can jeep repeating yourself all day if you want, but I suggest that you should stop embarrassing myself because with every time you do so...

my heart bleeds
    You win.

Fine, my suspicion has been laid to rest. Can't someone just say that (like those earlier posters) without getting in that whole "rapist-sympathy" thing? Ok, let's not get into that whole thing again.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 17-05-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    bryant.english likes this.

If that is so obvious, why all the shock and horror in reacting to the Chinese guys giving him a kick to the head of that British guy?
    They were denouncing the guy for kicking the (unconscious) assailant, and calling him a coward, not asking why he did it.

Last edited by Dreadnought; 17-05-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    Watercooler likes this.

It just seems to me there are a disproportionate number of people who are fixated on the man getting kicked like he is the victim here, and less so on the woman or on understanding why the other men took it upon themselves to kick back. Someone said that rape (in general) was heinious and no need to debate. Whereas the kicking can be right or wrong, so that is where the debate lies, and that is the reason why there was so few denouncing the rape and so many arguing the kick. I tend to agree with this reasoning. However, if many more came out and denounced the man for putting British tourists to shame it woul dhave been better balanced.

My own position is that given the tourist was so blatant in his disregard to the local woman (I know, I know, there was no video of the rape) I could definitely see why the beating occured. Now, as we all know, any time a mob is incited, things get out of hand. It is possible that some have taken the beating too far. But I still can't help thinking he brought it upon himself. The Chinese don't go around beating up foreigners for no reason.

OK, let me make this crystal CLEAR, since you keep misrepresenting my words.I never, repeat, NEVER claim anyone here to be rapist sympathizer. Do I make myself clear enough to you? (If not, I suggest you take some reading comprehension course).
    Its still not crystal nor just plain old clear to me what point your're attempting to make.
    This is what you said:
    Curious how there are so many bleeding hearts here trying to defend that poor unconscious British man
    Then you said :
    Bleeding hearts refer to those who criticized this kick to the head so much.......defending him from the kick to his head. Understand?
    Yes, I now fully understand. Now to make it crystal clear, can you please point me to the person and the post where this "defending of him from the kick to the head" happened and who this person was.

I have tried my damnest to preserve your words, intent and meaning. I hope you will try your damnest to be simple and direct : Who are these people that you are accusing of "defending of him from the kick to the head" and being "bleeding hearts"?

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast