Like Tree3Likes

Samsung Galaxy S III

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Does anyone know when the Galaxy S3 4G LTE version is coming out here in HK? I'm thinking if I should upgrade now or just wait for the 4G version.

I would wait. I upgraded to ice cream and my battery sucks. I imagine the S3 has similar issues. Have friends who complain with the new nexus. S2 with gingerbread is still the best in my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

That's what I did, too. I downgraded my S2 after upgrading because it sucks.

Also removed some apps that drain you battery like the official Facebook app.

Anyone here actually has the HTC One X ?
    I am tempted abt that one (yes, I know about some of the obvious advantages of the S3) but really concerned about battery life.
    I know it all comes down to HOW you use your phone; hence I would like some opinion from someone who actually have that phone.
    Basically I just need to assure myself that it can last from morning until night with without an extra charge.
    I dont use phone for gaming and/or video streaming etc. I have a moderate use of mail, web, social media, camera function etc.
    So, I would appreciate it if anyone here could share their (or friend´s) experience with battery life time on HTC One X

Thanks

here are the battery test results for one x, pretty good

HTC One X battery test concludes, the results are inside - GSMArena Blog

i presuem that you are not worried about non removable memory, however, i do know apart from iphone, the build quality is very very good with it's ceramic coating

Quote Originally Posted by YOHAN:
    That's what I did, too. I downgraded my S2 after upgrading because it sucks.

Also removed some apps that drain you battery like the official Facebook app.
    You know you can keep facebook installed right?
    Simply disable the notifications it generates, then it won't run when you're not looking at it.

I tried that. I even turn off my email sync. Not impressed to say the least.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by pepe77:
    Anyone here actually has the HTC One X ?
    [snip]
    Basically I just need to assure myself that it can last from morning until night with without an extra charge.
    I dont use phone for gaming and/or video streaming etc. I have a moderate use of mail, web, social media, camera function etc.
    So, I would appreciate it if anyone here could share their (or friend´s) experience with battery life time on HTC One X

Thanks
    I've got a One X - bought it in the UK on the release day, because I happened to be landing on that day...

The battery life is... highly variable, I'm sorry to say. It's very efficient when sleeping, when the screen is off - I often see pretty much flat lines in the battery use graph for long periods of sleep. It's quite good when the screen is on, but the CPU isn't being stressed - I did an experiment a while ago, left the screen locked on, showing a page from an ebook, but the CPU idle, and the battery went down about 10%-11% in an hour. In theory, you might get up to 9-10 hours with the screen on, but the device idle.

Playing videos, playing games, doing things which run the CPU high? Battery dies, fast - 2, 3, maybe 4 hours if you're lucky.

At this point, I'm reasonably comfortable assuming it'll get a morning-evening (8am to 6pm) sort of life - but I don't trust it to last until night. In other words, if I use it during the day, then take it out at night, I wouldn't rely on it it make it home without any charging at any point.

Any other semi-offtopic questions?

FYI - Flipboard is now available on Android devices (not just the SIII)
    [APP] Flipboard for Android - xda-developers

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Any other semi-offtopic questions?
    Not from me
    Just ordered the S3 - Was simply not ready to take the risk one the One X as my no1 requirement is that it must be able to last the day on one charge

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast