Which Hotel?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which Hotel?

Okk. for a romantic dinner with my bf on his birthday, i cut down my options to 3 hotel restaurants..by the way, im planning to eat steak n stuff.

Langham Hotel - The Bostonian Restaurant

Mandarin Oriental Grill + Bar

JW Marriott - California

did any of you guys try these restaurants? which one is best?

well, a lot of poeple told me to go to Ruth's Chris.. but will it be too expensive for a budget of around $500-600 / head. ><

Is your budget just for food or are you hoping to drink anything other than tap water in that price as well?

And are you looking for a 2/3/4/... course dinner or just a single course of a steak and sides?

The Mandarin Bar and Grill is not somewhere I would go for a romantic dinner.

thanks for the replies

i think a meal with 2-3 courses will be great. and maybe with wine.

oh and by the wayy.. i dont think my bf is into the ''REALLY large plates with the super small portion'' kind of thing ><

I'm not at all sure you can get 2-3 courses (including steaks) for 2 people, a bottle of wine and service for $1200 at any of the restaurants you mention to be honest. The steaks alone will cost $200+ each.

A fair number of the five star hotels will have options in that range. Totts in Excelsior should be able to do something in that range for sure.

One thing, you're going to get much better value for money if you look at the Asian options that are in the various hotels (assuming you're stuck on the idea of the dinner being in a hotel).

thanks for all the replies. i just got a suggestion from a friend to go to the Morton's for steak and dinner.

Has anyone tried morton's?

Don't be surprised if Morton's sets you back $800-1K per person.

Hmmmm well Cafe deco on the peak might be within budget.

The menu with pricing is on their website.

Cafe de Paris in Soho will definately be under budget.

Morton's is way, way out of your price range! The steaks alone are $4-600 each.

I would suggest Wooloomooloo in LKF as just about doable, but I heard a rumour the other day that it has closed down. Anyone know for sure?

I've heard good things about Craft Steak in SoHo, but not sure about the pricing...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast