Like Tree107Likes

Taxi driver rip off

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

he has change,,

he showed he had change by offering up the $400

and should entertain is a f%^ed up way of saying if he got it he should hand it over..

nothing to do with playing a sad tune on the radio -

my edit here......

- just calling the cops will waste 20++ mins of his time - he doesnt want that. costing him money . so starting this process will put weight on him to do the right thing...

Last edited by audiot; 17-07-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

It says they are encouraged to reach a mutual agreement which they did...He could have sat there and refused to pay but decided that his time was more precious than the cabbie. If they had waited for the cops, he most likely would have had to pay the fare plus some money to compensate the cabbie for time lost. Probably less that 100$ but time wasted + look a little foolish since the cabbie operated within the rules.

yeah I see that side of what you are saying.,

but for me I'm stubborn. and if I wasnt in a rush ie I had finished work - I might have made him wait whislt I messed on the internet on my iphone..

to me a principle - I might have sat there until it did say 100 on the meter.... or the cops came..

I did get fleeced by a cab driver once - he deliberately and repeatedly ignored my directions - I felt we were being kidnapped.. he pulled up at some lights ironically by a police station and we just got out the cab and did a runner.

dear giant likes this.

Guys, we are talking about HK taxi drivers here, what were you expecting?

Anyway, I think it's time we call the "taxi hunter" to some "house-cleaning" of HK taxi drivers:

Taxi Hunter 的士判官 - Original HK Trailer [HQ] - YouTube

Last edited by Watercooler; 17-07-2012 at 01:03 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

Nah, call the cops, you offered to pay several different ways, he said no. Those 4x $100s all the change he has in the cab, BS. Going to look silly, sitting there with a tray of coins saying he can't get closer to $80 change. Who's being difficult here? Take a pic of his ID on your phone.

dear giant likes this.

Dont be so easy to give your money away. I would have not paid. If he can give you 400, where are the 20s, 10s, coins and 50s. Makes no sense.

Also be careful to check the notes. I was given the old 10 or 20 notes and I thought they were enough but got scammed giving me the lower value notes and I was a little tipsy so didnt realise it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Last night I took a cab in Jordan, After getting in I realised I didn't have enough loose change to pay the fare. It was a $20 fare but I only had a $500 note and $14 in loose change.

I explained to the driver that's all I had but he stopped within a 30 second walk of a 7-11 and I offered to to get out and get some change from there, Or take me to the nearest ATM where I can get $100.

He refused on both counts and ended up having to pay $100 for a $20 fare. Somewhat peed off and no I didn't get his number etc, Really wasn't in the mood.

Just a warning to you all to make sure you have change especially at the start of a cab shift.
    Jimbo - I have no sympathy for you here. You allowed yourself to be ripped off. Why would you consent to giving him the money he asked from you?

Randy, what other options did I have?

Quote Originally Posted by audiot:
    yeah I see that side of what you are saying.,

but for me I'm stubborn. and if I wasnt in a rush ie I had finished work - I might have made him wait whislt I messed on the internet on my iphone..

to me a principle - I might have sat there until it did say 100 on the meter.... or the cops came..

I did get fleeced by a cab driver once - he deliberately and repeatedly ignored my directions - I felt we were being kidnapped.. he pulled up at some lights ironically by a police station and we just got out the cab and did a runner.
    You think you are some kind of hero by running? If I were the cabbie would have chased after you and given you an injury you would regret.

Do it Brooklyn style and hit him with a shovel lol :-)

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast