Like Tree5Likes

PR requirements

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

PR requirements

Hi...I have lived in HK for almost 6 years, but have to move back to India for a new job. Is there anything I can do to not lose all the years I have accumulated for the PR? As in I dont have to start from zero if I end up coming back yoto HK? Thanks!

Postpone the new job for a year?

Yes but it will cost you

You can try the capital investment entrant scheme with 10 million HKD. I was able to do it when it was only 6.5 million. I was afraid of losing my job during the 2008 financial crisis and wanted to stay in HK, so I changed my employment visa over to CIES visa. Once you are CIES, you don't even have to live in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by tallwithdimples:
    You can try the capital investment entrant scheme with 10 million HKD. I was able to do it when it was only 6.5 million. I was afraid of losing my job during the 2008 financial crisis and wanted to stay in HK, so I changed my employment visa over to CIES visa. Once you are CIES, you don't even have to live in HK.
    Is it because it covers liquid investments?

You can stay in the job for few months, get your visa extended and can quit and move. After you quit, your employment visa will still be valid until its expiry date. Though not the right advice, but its just a way to keep your visa valid.

But the issue is, when u apply for PR you have to convince the immigration that you tried to make HK your place of primary residence and did not stay out of HK more than 6 months.

Last edited by shafiq; 18-07-2012 at 09:41 PM.

HKNumberone: I don't understand your question on liquid investments. The possible investment are outlined on the HK immigration website. But you can purchase liquid assets that qualify.

Yes, if you can find someway to keep a valid HKID until you reach the 7 year mark you will be fine. It does not matter if you have a working visa, student, etc….it just has to remain valid. I was very often absent from Hk my last two years, sometimes as ,one as 3-4 months at a time, and I still got it, no questions asked.

You could also apply for a QMAS and if you receive it, the first time its issued, its valid for a year.

dear giant likes this.

But technically you are supposed to reside in HK for the period, so while the above might work, if immigration notices you are not here at all it may not.

You are wrong. You will not get ROA in HK if you don't ordinarily reside in HK for a continuous period of seven years.

Quote Originally Posted by tallwithdimples:

No. It's all about facts, not your wish.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    But the issue is, when u apply for PR you have to convince the immigration that you tried to make HK your place of primary residence and did not stay out of HK more than 6 months.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast