What CAN'T you get in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

oreo cereal

yes the cereals are a challenge... i miss lucky charms

well bc you have kids I am going to post this ... last summer my 7 yo nephew spent time with me in HK. I went to give him Corn Flakes ... he refused to eat them ... honestly I was shocked as his Mom gives them to him a few times a week. The reason because the Rooster was looking in a different direction than the Rooster on the box in America! He thought the Corn Flakes maybe fake! I assured him no they are not but he told me he was not going to take any chances.

Now, when I returned to the USA with him at the end of the summer ... we found that in fact Yes the Rooster looks a different direction!

So if your kids are picky on branding than maybe a good idea to have some on hand till they become use to the possible changes.

Oh don't get me wrong, I've been an expat for 10 years so am very well learned in immersing myself in the relevant country's produce etc. - I lived in Beijing for a couple of years too so am familiar with some of China's local products too although I'm not sure how relevant that is in HK...

There are just things, you know, things you don't "have" to have but on occasion would really like to...

Alby - Freddo frogs and milky way bars are the only relevant "must-haves" so I'm always on top of that...lol but thanks for the corn flake story - I was shaking my head in agreement at what kids find relevant...

Quote Originally Posted by Alby:

So if your kids are picky on branding than maybe a good idea to have some on hand till they become use to the possible changes.
    Or just use the original box they're used to and put the local stuff in the box, they won't know the difference.

Twizzlers
    Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
    Ruffles Salt n Vinegar
    Harvey's Hamburgers
    and as Lemonade said...Timmies

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are available at Gateway in Sheung Wan. My American colleagues have arranged for them to be supplied to our weekly management meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    Twizzlers
    Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
    I've seen both of the above in Gateway.

My list:

Portillos Italian Beef Sandwiches (with hot peppers)
    Carson's Ribs
    Hot Dogs at Wrigley Field
    Lou Malnati's Chicago Pizza
    Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
    Last edited by climber07; 15-04-2008 at 11:51 AM.

Gateway carries Vines, not Twizzlers

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Doesn't Archies sell these US candies?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast