Like Tree16Likes

Where To Buy Good Speakers?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Where To Buy Good Speakers?

Looking to buy good speakers which are also good value. Don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Should I go to Mong Kok? Or a department store like Fortress? I've heard Times Square and Wan Chai are options too.

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

you can check in sham shui po computer plaza

Sent from my GT-I8150 using GeoClicks Mobile

What does 'good speakers' mean and what type - PC speakers (amplified), hifi speakers, bookshelf, floorstanding?

Subwoofer yes/no?

Budget?

For hifi stuff you can start at Radar Audio @ Times Square or Suning @ Mega Box.

For high end stereo (cost no object) go to 1 Duddell Street (entire building has 4 or 5 distributors) or visit the Sound Chamber at 11 Stanley Street 21/f new location. For medium to high end go to Yau Shing Building (exit Bank Centre in Mongkok Stn) or Grandcastle Bldg on Sai Yeung Choi Street. There is also a nice audiophile store in the basement of Langham Place Mall. Also a place in Happy Valley called Sing Woo on Blue Pool Road.

Basically I just want speakers I can hook my iPod/iPhone up to. An iHome would work, but those are usually expensive because they carry the Apple label. My price range is about $400.

I have two X-mini speakers which are very small but great for music

http://www.techradar.com/news/audio/...s-2012-1069079

Boy, do I feel stoopid!

guitarist, Cwbguy and HowardCoombs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Boy, do I feel stoopid!
    I think you could have deduced his audiophile level pretty quickly when he called Fortress a 'department store.'

Head to a computer centre (Sham Shui Po basement level is good) and have a listen. See what you can pick up for 400 dollars. My guess is you'll probably need to spend a few hundred more to get something that won't distort at reasonable volume.

Threelittlepigs knows where to shop but those places will only sell you magic cables for 400 dollars.

If you're going to play music off your phone it is probably worth paying a little more and getting blue tooth speakers with rechargeable batteries.

Great for any room in the house and easy to cart around.

Last edited by East_coast; 14-09-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast