Wan Chai bouncer assault, early Sun. 11 May?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

jay - bouncer from what bar?

Not sure KIA. Was pretty wasted at the time and it was a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by squid:
    was a group of 5 bouncers holding a gweilo against the wall and slapping him as he was trying to speak to them...although it was obvious that the bouncers were treating the man rather poorly...
    I don't think it was one slap only. I believe it was more like everytime the man tried to speak he got slapped. The OP states he didn't want to get involved in the first place so I doubt his claim that he attempted to make eye contact with the man despite his own conclusion that the bouncers were treatig the man poorly.

However, not every man feels compelled to rise to the occasion and help when help is desperately needed. (Couldn't he have called the cops at least?) I just thought it funny that in his initial posting his concern is that he may be accused of being in the wrong place - not not having done the right thing. If he's serious about serving as a witness, he would have contacted the police instead of posting here.

maybe I am a bit harsh, I just find allowing a man to be gang assulted hard to stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    well spotted, I missed that bit to be honest.

He says its an assault in the title and later he says he'd feel bad if it was one and he did nothing.

hmmmm
    The title of this thread is regarding the later presence of police vans and my concern that it could have been the same gweilo who may have been beat up...I do not think that the guy who was being restrained by the bouncers was being assaulted when I saw him, although he was being treated roughly as he was held against the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudybay:
    I don't think it was one slap only. I believe it was more like everytime the man tried to speak he got slapped. The OP states he didn't want to get involved in the first place so I doubt his claim that he attempted to make eye contact with the man despite his own conclusion that the bouncers were treatig the man poorly.

However, not every man feels compelled to rise to the occasion and help when help is desperately needed. (Couldn't he have called the cops at least?) I just thought it funny that in his initial posting his concern is that he may be accused of being in the wrong place - not not having done the right thing. If he's serious about serving as a witness, he would have contacted the police instead of posting here.

maybe I am a bit harsh, I just find allowing a man to be gang assulted hard to stomach.
    God, this thread is turning into the barstool brigade's and the keyboard kommandoes moment to prove their manliness! I have some photos of myself posted to this forum, and if you'd like to question my integrity at any time, to my face, please do so. You may find me around town on the weekends or during a happy hour I stand 6' tall and 185 lbs.

I wrote that I saw the guy being slapped every time he tried to speak. I also wrote that I made direct eye contact with the man as i slowly walked by - and he was not crying out in pain or asking for help. He was wide-eyed and arguing with the bouncers about God-knows-what. He was just some person that I'd never seen before who was being restrained by 5 bouncers at a dodgy bar in Wan Chai. I assumed that he was a drunk who had been causing trouble. When I later saw the police presence I worried for his safety.

That was the point of the post. i wanted to know if anybody had info. regarding the police vans.

My comments regarding "being in the wrong place" were related to the bar-girl scene...I do not like the triad sleaze bars.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudybay:
    I just find allowing a man to be gang assulted (sic) hard to stomach.
    The next time that you see a drunk person being restrained by bouncers at 5am please feel free to break into the pack and free the person in question.

never ever try to get involved when bouncer are doing their stuff, even if there is a lot of you, all the bouncers in Wan Chai are hooked up with the other bars, Neptunes, Borocay, JB's, Amazonia, Mes Amis, etc, if they are doing something that u think is not right, just call the police, nothing unmanly about minding your own business. Dont think that if there is a bunch of you that u can take on the bouncers, if they call for help on their radio's, all the other bouncers from the other bars will come rushing in. Expect broken bones then.

Besides .. there is a fair bit of traid involvement in that area.

Just not worth getting involved. Call the cops after you've walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    never ever try to get involved when bouncer are doing their stuff, even if there is a lot of you, all the bouncers in Wan Chai are hooked up with the other bars, Neptunes, Borocay, JB's, Amazonia, Mes Amis, etc, if they are doing something that u think is not right, just call the police, nothing unmanly about minding your own business. Dont think that if there is a bunch of you that u can take on the bouncers, if they call for help on their radio's, all the other bouncers from the other bars will come rushing in. Expect broken bones then.
    Absolutely right. The Nepalis look out for each other. KIA is right too. You'd be better off calling the cops in that situation, which is probably exactly what happened and why squid saw a police van later.
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 15-05-2008 at 08:04 AM.

The masses have spoken. That's right, superheros only exist in movies.

No, people do intervene and save lives on occasion. Taking on five bouncers who most likely have martial arts training would be pretty dumb though. The OP could have hung around at a distance to see what went down. I've done that in the past when I saw two girls being bothered by two guys who were openly smoking PCP or formaldehyde on the NYC subway...