Accomodation with access to central

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DanielandHayley:
    although my gfirend did (tongue in cheek) advocate on the recent residents comittee form thing - a 'residents' first' policy for transport, ie if your a tourist/visitor you have to give up your seat to a resident
    ...it shows the nice mentality of PI residents.....
    Last edited by Mat; 28-05-2008 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    ...it shows the nice mentality of PI residents.....
    you've got a bit of a grudge about this little island havn't you??

Quote Originally Posted by DanielandHayley:
    you've got a bit of a grudge about this little island havn't you??
    No I have not to be perfectly honest.

I am just saying that while it is a fact that rents are cheap, that you are 30 minutes from central by Ferry and that the facilities are good, people should also be aware that it is easy to feel isolated (by this I mean you have to take a boat or a bus to go out, no cars, taxi, walk...) and that outside, you clearly hear the planes (unless you are deaf).

I am just saying that while it is a fact that rents are cheap, that you are 30 minutes from central by Ferry and that the facilities are good, people should also be aware that it is easy to feel isolated (by this I mean you have to take a boat or a bus to go out, no cars, taxi, walk...) and that outside, you clearly hear the planes (unless you are deaf).
    horses for courses really, i'l take a little bit of plane noise for the realative 'isololation' - i see this as a positive aspect...working in Central and dealing with the crowds/noise every morning, lunch and evening, I like nothing better than a quiet ferry ride home and a bit of isolation...until those pesky tourists turn up at the weekend

Seriously, how many times have you been to PI? I walk my dog, work in PI and I am not bothered by the plane noise at all. Even the students and teachers in the primary school are not bothered by it. And if the plane noise is really bad, the parents would have pulled the kids out of the school by now! Oh plane noise...wow, have you been in a train or anywhere that's filled with locals? That's what I call noise that annoys the crap out of me at times!

Ya, I agree, you seem to have a grudge against PI. But all the better to keep the rentals low!
    Last edited by sunniefaith; 29-05-2008 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith:
    Seriously, how many times have you been to PI? I walk my dog, work in PI and I am not bothered by the plane noise at all. Even the students and teachers in the primary school are not bothered by it. And if the plane noise is really bad, the parents would have pulled the kids out of the school by now! Oh plane noise...wow, have you been in a train or anywhere that's filled with locals? That's what I call noise that annoys the crap out of me at times!

Ya, I agree, you seem to have a grudge against PI. But all the better to keep the rentals low!
    Argggghhh

Guys while I respect the fact that you defend where you live (all at your honour) do not believe I have anything against PI.

I have been there a couple of times and as said before I agree with the fact that you get better size flat for your money than in many places in HK and that the facilities are nice (the same can be said for many places outside the busiest centers of HK: DB, Aegean Coast, GoldCoast, Sam Tseng...).

Note also that I never said the noise plane was THAT BAD..I just said: "you hear the planes (unless you are deaf)", do not change my comments in oder to suit your cause please.

Now it is all good and while I respect the fact that some ppl like living here and "sell" it actively on the net, I still have a right to say that it is not IMO as idyllic as some might feel.

Argggghhh

Guys while I respect the fact that you defend where you live (all at your honour) do not believe I have anything against PI.

I have been there a couple of times and as said before I agree with the fact that you get better size flat for your money than in many places in HK and that the facilities are nice (the same can be said for many places outside the busiest centers of HK: DB, Aegean Coast, GoldCoast, Sam Tseng...).

Note also that I never said the noise plane was THAT BAD..I just said: "you hear the planes (unless you are deaf)", do not change my comments in oder to suit your cause please.

Now it is all good and while I respect the fact that some ppl like living here and "sell" it actively on the net, I still have a right to say that it is not IMO as idyllic as some might feel.

would you not agree then that the views of people who live their, rather than visitied a 'couple of times' may give a more accurate picture to somebody considering the benefits/negatives of living somewhere? I've been to the peak a couple of times, to cheng chau a couple of times...couldn't comment on what is like to live in any of these places though.

Anyway, once my new transport policies get approved no-one else will be allowed anyway...( 'evil chuckle..')

Anyone bad mouthing PI should be made to swim in the sea there!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leghk:
    Anyone bad mouthing PI should be made to swim in the sea there!!!!
    Think he's already done that! He's been to the beach...maybe that's why he can't stand PI!

I clearly do not understand why me being from a different opinion than yours bother you that much?

Living there make you biased one way, being there only a couple of time make you biased another way...