Anyone Know what the Dalai Lama wants?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone Know what the Dalai Lama wants?

The Tibet issue is in the news again but does anyone Know the facts on what the Dalai Lama actually wants? Does he want a separate state of Tibet, a state which encompasses all the Tibeten people or self rule as part of china? How would such an impoverished country survive if they fully broke away from china?

he doesn't want to break away from china, he wants separate autonomy.

Is he really a saint? There's so much one sided, almost biased praise for him. I wonder would there be some counter-views at all?

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    he doesn't want to break away from china, he wants separate autonomy.
    Right on man!

worldsgreatest you said "How would such an impoverished country survive if they fully broke away from china?" the same way that every other third world nation does.

This think the Tibet issue stems from the days of Mao, and they feared religion, as they should have. Now that china is strong and established they should be easier on religions, but have chosen not to when it comes to the Dalai Lama, or the Falun Gong.

Again this is all my opinion.

But the survial of Communist Nation depends on controling it's people, and I can see why they are taking a strong stance on Tibet.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxlionxxx:
    Is he really a saint? There's so much one sided, almost biased praise for him. I wonder would there be some counter-views at all?
    Dude! or dudette! sorry but thats an odd question. He is not chosen, he is found. The current Dalai Lama is a reincarnation of the previous Dalai Lama. He was born two years after his last incarnation ended. Senior Tibetan monks recieve information during meditation which helps them track down the new Dalai Lama. They have a secret set of criteria which they use to determine whether the child they have tracked down is the Dalai Lama. Although, Familiarity with the possessions of the previous Dalai Lama is considered the main sign of the reincarnation. The search for the reincarnation typically requires a few years.

This is a major part of the religon, it's like saying did god have a son on earth, or was it just a dude who was born and felt it was his destiny to be a religous figure.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxlionxxx:
    nobody can really answer that, to us he is our spiritual leader, to the Chinese, he is an enemy of state. if u have facebook account, search groups on HH Dalai Lama, u will find loads of groups, some for, some against. most against are started by people from china or chinese expats living abroad, some are even started by americans. U can never please the americans. LOL, well not all of them.

you can please a fair amount of Americans. I think the ones who make up their own minds, for themselves. They aren't affraid of their shadows, and read too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattny81:
    you can please a fair amount of Americans. I think the ones who make up their own minds, for themselves. They aren't afraid of their shadows, and read too!
    I was wondering how much flak i was going to get by adding the last statement. Not all Americans are that bad, in fact i have a lot of good friends from the states in HK. I was just trying to say that u can't please everybody, there will always be someone who has a different opinion, i accept that.

I know how Dalai Lama is "found" but the question is, why the general media is so obsessed with him? In the reigns of the previous Dalai Lama, 95% of the Tibetans were slaves......

I'm not pro or against him. It just draws my attention to it when something or someone is almost universally complimented. I'm sure the "against groups" are Chinese and they're pretty much blinded by the spasm of their "nationalism". But it doesn't validate all the praises automatically. Sharon Stone is a funny example.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    I was wondering how much flak i was going to get by adding the last statement. Not all Americans are that bad, in fact i have a lot of good friends from the states in HK. I was just trying to say that u can't please everybody, there will always be someone who has a different opinion, i accept that.
    Oh I'm not an American.... I'm a Proud Canadian. Not that all Americans are terrible, some individuals are pleasant to be around.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast