Beijing Tour Package

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beijing Tour Package

I am planning either a weekend (2-Day) or a 4-Day trip to Beijing in June.

Does anyone have recommendations for a travel agent or all-in tour packages? I don't speak the local language, so am looking for an english speaking tour guide.

Currently me and my friend are planning the visit. We are open to forming a small group for the Beijing visit. The more the merrier.

I've sent a few of my visitors on the Dragonair 4 days/3 nights package. They all loved it as it was super easy for them as they were looked after from the minute the arrived until they left. However if you're a bit more adventurous this might not be for you.

thanks steviem71. this would be great, given i don't speak mandarin at all.

Hi M,

Try China Highlights, I use them & i like their services. They offer tailor made holidays. We saw Beijing & Xi'an & paid USD1,399/each. The fee is inclusive of airfare HK-Beijing - Xi'an - HK, specified meals, a private car, English / Italian speaking guide & 5 star accomodation. Le me know if you wish to contact them.

Hope to see you again soon...

take care

Quote Originally Posted by devnagiri:

Does anyone have recommendations for a travel agent or all-in tour packages? I don't speak the local language, so am looking for an english speaking tour guide.

Currently me and my friend are planning the visit. We are open to forming a small group for the Beijing visit. The more the merrier.

The usual travel agents (Morningstar, Travel Expert, et. al.) provide transport and accommodation packages. If you want an all-inclusive tour in English, you'll be paying far more than the Chinese language tours.

Beijing is pretty easy to get around without Mandarin- I did it recently. Just point on a map, or have your concierge write down the name of your destinations for taxi drivers (taxis are cheap in Bejing).

I've always been of the opinion that getting around in a country in where I don't speak the language makes it more fun...

Dear devnagiri,
    You would be much much better off by joining one of the local Cantonese speaking tours. Most of the time the tour guide does speak some English.
    It would work out to between HK$2000 - HK$3000 for a short 4-day trip -all inclusive.
    I usually don't listen to the tour guide's explanations anyway, because they tend to take up too much of the tour time leaving you very little time to walk about the tour site. I usually would make a note of how much time we are given at each tour spot and then wander offf on my own. -and make it back to the coach at the stipulated time.

Saves you a lot of $$$ which you can spend on shopping!
    Happy holidays

Quote Originally Posted by devnagiri:

Hey Vam,

I guess if transporation in Beijing is easy, I wouldn't mind local tours. Do you have recommendations for a particular tour.

I am most likely making it a two-day trip. I am hoping I can cover the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square in 2 days.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vam:
    Dear devnagiri,
    You would be much much better off by joining one of the local Cantonese speaking tours. Most of the time the tour guide does speak some English.
    It would work out to between HK$2000 - HK$3000 for a short 4-day trip -all inclusive.
    I usually don't listen to the tour guide's explanations anyway, because they tend to take up too much of the tour time leaving you very little time to walk about the tour site. I usually would make a note of how much time we are given at each tour spot and then wander offf on my own. -and make it back to the coach at the stipulated time.

Saves you a lot of $$$ which you can spend on shopping!
    Happy holidays

Thanks for the reassurance jgl. I am thinking of joining a local tour

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    The usual travel agents (Morningstar, Travel Expert, et. al.) provide transport and accommodation packages. If you want an all-inclusive tour in English, you'll be paying far more than the Chinese language tours.

Beijing is pretty easy to get around without Mandarin- I did it recently. Just point on a map, or have your concierge write down the name of your destinations for taxi drivers (taxis are cheap in Bejing).

I've always been of the opinion that getting around in a country in where I don't speak the language makes it more fun...

I recently booked a 4 day private tour through
    www.tour-beijing.com. The cost was $350 US (per person hotel included). Our guide Stanley said if we called him directly, he'd do the same package for a third of the price. I can't find his card right now, but I'll look for it.

The tour company offered very inexpensive bus tours. Their day tours were 20 or 30 US. They also had a 4 day package for 165 US (hotel included).

Note, they do take you around to the touristy shops. You'll get better prices at silk alley.

It is safer to have a legitimate tour guide from a local tour company

It's better to hire a tour guide from a local tour company in Beijing instead of contacting the tour guides themselves. Contacting the tour guide directly is unlawful and forbidden by Beijing Tourism Administration.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast