Winter in HKG?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winter in HKG?

I see on the classifieds that people are selling heaters......I have a question, are HKG winters that cold that heaters are needed? When does winter start here and what temperatures am I expected to see.

Thx
    T

Take a look here.

well I guess I don't need to buy a heater then, it doen't get that cold at all here (I'm from UK - used to colder temperatures), so at 10 degrees in Jan/Feb I'll feel right at home.

Well.. there is a slight difference though. You will feel the cold in the house too and it also depends from the orientation of your house, quality of window frames, etc. Anyway, just wait and see how does it feel first

In winter, my apartment is colder than outside - need heaters!!! I have been in HK for 2 winters now, 1st winter I wore my coat twice and this last winter I only needed a fleece! But the wind can get very cold.

Wink

You will definitely need heaters in the HK winter. I'd even brought an electric blanket over from the UK a few years ago - I can't live without it now! You need to note that there are no central heating in any of the buildings or public transport, so it will be cold.

Saying that, I do have the gas fire on during a British summer also, so maybe it's just me.

Gas fire on during the UK summer!!!!! Oh my word! My heating would be turned off between Easter - November normally.

HK winter can be really cold (not the temperature as it rarely goes below 2 or 3 degrees) as it is 'wet'. It can really make you shiver! It is cold even without wind.

My boss is from Scotland. He thought he is so used to miserable cold winter but he can't stand living without a heater in HK! Anyway, you will probably need it for only one month, the cold won't last too long here.

And, if you are used to having central heating system, you'd better get a heater at home to ensure a good night's sleep!

My mum doesn't like heater (she thinks it dries her skin), so when I visit her in winter, I have to cover myself with "quilt" in the house!!

This is a subjective issue so I guess the best thing to do it wait and see how it feels

yes! you will need a heater in the winter...end of.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast