Like Tree156Likes

Your most hated spot in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

tst to central during mornings at 8.30am and Admiralty to tst are bad, but i don't mind crammed conditions, what i do mind ( luckily, it's rare, uk is worse though, luckily i drove to work then ) is the fact some people don't use deodourant and stink of BO esp when the stretch their arms out to hold something

Watercooler, Wilmo and dear giant like this.

The office, Mon - Fri.

Apart from the office, it's got to be LKF (especially weeknight evenings) and Knutsford Terrace (I just don't understand the appeal, horrible place!)

Dundas Street, Mongkok and anywhere they are selling Chou Dofu.

Stu79 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    no, it's the smell of BO on london underground during rush hour that makes the difference, knocks your senses and almost makes you unconscious, possibly last nights vindaloo/tindaloo/phall and piss up that lingers in their BO, also uk trains and london underground does not have air con which may make it worse (i recall hot summer days on virgin trains from birmingham to manchester, sweat your balls out over 1.5hrs as there is no air con)

luckily, i only had one incident when a rather large women in HK raises her arms to hold on the train's hand grip, then ' POW!!' knock me senseless and a for a seconds or so staggered a bit and lose balance on feet momentarily

I also presume you rarely travelled on london underground (or do you have a chelsea wagon then?) during occasional hot days in UK
    Last edited by imparanoic; 21-03-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    no, it's the smell of BO on london underground during rush hour that makes the difference, knocks your senses and almost makes you unconscious, possibly last nights vindaloo/tindaloo/phall and piss up that lingers in their BO, also uk trains and london underground does not have air con which may make it worse (i recall hot summer days on virgin trains from birmingham to manchester, sweat your balls out over 1.5hrs as there is no air con)

luckily, i only had one incident when a rather large women in HK raises her arms to hold on the train's hand grip, then ' POW!!' knock me senseless and a for a seconds or so staggered a bit and lose balance on feet momentarily

I also presume you rarely travelled on london underground (or do you have a chelsea wagon then?) during occasional hot days in UK
    Apparently asians seem to sweat least of all, and some research papers says that they are well-known for having little body odor. Asians actually have more active eccrine glands than Caucasians do, but due to the low number of osmidrotic apocrine glands in axilla (armpit), they have less axillary odor than other races. Asian apocrine glands are either poorly developed or nonexistent.

My experience is also that rush hour transport is smellier and not as clean in western cities from clothes smell to bad breath and BO.

The place I avoid most are also Mongkok and Causeway Bay particularly on weekends and I'd much rather take buses and minibuses than the MTR.
    Mat likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    it's seems the media backs my opinions

http://www.gq.com/food-travel/travel...lide=2#slide=2

The housing block hellholes of Tuen Mun, such a sad and desolate area for the people that live there.

TheBrit and dear giant like this.

And...the two biggest mainlander hangouts...

Sheung Shui Station.. it has gotten a bit better since the baby formula limit, but the entire KCR station and the surrounding area is a dump and always packed with mainlanders.

Disneyland Resort.....you don't need need a china visa to experience mainland China culture and manners...all you need is a day pass at Disney

elle and dear giant like this.

For me it's LKF, unless up curry alley at lunchtime which is fine.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast