Like Tree156Likes

Your most hated spot in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Sure - but what it does is make TST a place normal HK residents avoid
    I love Chunking Mansion for their good selection of Indian groceries. Rest of TST I frequent rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Sure - but what it does is make TST a place normal HK residents avoid; while giving tourists COMPLETELY the wrong impression of the place. Double negative whammy. I only go to TST to buy basmati rice in Chung King Mansion. I can't get out of there fast enough.

How can you say that TST is a place normal HK residents avoid? That makes about as much sense as your in flight day care idea.

With all due respect you sound a bit out of touch with reality some time.

Original Post Deleted
    Walk down Nathan road as a gweilo and you get every indian tout on the street trying to sell you a copy watch or a suit .. clearly THEY THINK everyone there is a tourist. Given how many white people I see looking lost or holding copies of Lonely Planet, they probably have a point.

Obviously, you could take a statement on the internet as gospel truth or you could just read into it what was meant - that if you have a choice, you avoid TST like the plague. Obviously, if you are stupid enough to live close to it (goodness, who would BE that dumb?) or if you work there and have no choice, obviously you are going to avail of the shops and restaurants and offices. Or, of course, if you are an indian copywatch seller or tailor. But seriously - how many people go to TST out of choice just to hang out for a relaxing afternoon?

If normal HK residents were to avoid TST, it'd be mostly empty and would only have tourists and touts...won't it be amazing then...haha

Now I can't get the instant rhyme out of my head...
    tourists and touts
    tourists and touts
    tourists and touts

justjoe86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    If normal HK residents were to avoid TST, it'd be mostly empty and would only have tourists and touts...won't it be amazing then...haha
    What percentage of the population does it take to be normal? I think if you use a mathematical approach, the answer is about 66%. If 44% of HK's several million people still go to TST, plus all of the tourists, it would be even more packed than it is......

I think moving you are making a circular point here...

Then it'll fit nicely with all those ants in TST.

Let's get Lootoo on this one. He is professional at circular reasoning and obfuscation. He is worth more than any 50,000 Chinese bloggers and can in one post do what they 'd need thousands to achieve.

Moving is exaggerating but I often but no more than those who hate other places. It is M's perception.

I know a lawyer who will not cross to the dark side to speak at events we host there we can 80 of the right target audience. Even sent him our list to see the job levels. For him Quarry Bay is almost too far from the real world.

I'd say that more than a few of the many HK resident that enjoy spending time in TST find it quite abnormal to be roaming around the hills on their spare time. If you play a numbers game, I guess they might win the normality contest.

What floats one's boat is obviously very subjective...

closedcasket likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast