Like Tree247Likes

Hong Kong tops the most intolerant of other races list

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by arrowsmith:
    Even if a Hongkie did answer "no" to this question I don't think they are likely to turn into some kind of neighbour from hell should some foreigner move in next door.

In what serious ways does this purported widespread racism manifest itself?
    Well... where does one start?
    Shunning the seat next to a brown or black on buses, mtr and public transport
    Being told in loud voices that they are smelly in front of them
    Despite some being in HK many years, fluent in cantonese and English being overlooked for job applications when an employer sees their name
    Flat owners not letting to South Asians
    Potential buyers not buying if they have an Indian next door
    People such as Gary on these forums making insulting remarks and generalisations based on their skin colour
    The list goes on.....
    pandancake and jayinhongkong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    Well... where does one start?
    Shunning the seat next to a brown or black on buses, mtr and public transport
    Being told in loud voices that they are smelly in front of them
    Despite some being in HK many years, fluent in cantonese and English being overlooked for job applications when an employer sees their name
    Flat owners not letting to South Asians
    Potential buyers not buying if they have an Indian next door
    People such as Gary on these forums making insulting remarks and generalisations based on their skin colour
    The list goes on.....
    Fair enough, perhaps I am guilty in being a bit naïve about it then. I probably haven't been here long enough.

How widespread is this kind of stuff in the younger generations?
    Last edited by arrowsmith; 18-05-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    The list goes on.....
    Arguing with Gary is like beating your head against a brick, only less enjoyable and productive. He should just be ignored, replying to his posts only feeds the troll in him.

Even if a Hongkie did answer "no" to this question I don't think they are likely to turn into some kind of neighbour from hell should some foreigner move in next door.
    You clearly haven't met my neighbour

...and...

Don't even start me on (some of) hk police
    Won't share a lift with
    Won't sell to
    Will say, to their face, i don't rent to black people/i don't give job to black people
    Verbal abuse (dui lai hak gwai, monkey etc)
    Pointing and laughing at
    Physical assault
    The list goes on

Though this is definitely not all hk locals. Many are curious about people from other countries and keen to make friends. My husband gets treated like a minor celebrity by many staff where we live -they seem to think he's a footballer or a dj. Or maybe both.

Quote Originally Posted by garycyk:

How should people react other than shunning if seeing some poeple drinking and smoke in MTR next to you?

1 Ask them to stop?
    2 Join their "party"?
    Like every good comedian. You need to change your act sometimes. /yawn

Sent from my GT-I9305 using GeoClicks Mobile
    virago likes this.

How should people react other than shunning if seeing some poeple drinking and smoke in MTR next to you?

1 Ask them to stop?
    2 Join their "party"?
    No,
    3. Mind your own business
    chris_yang22 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    You seem to have a grief against south east asians. Well that is just what we call racism. Thanks for stepping up and demonstrating how true the article is. Hat off

Sent from my GT-I9305 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Several days ago, I said he was hostile.

I didn't meant he was hostile towards South East Asians. I meant he's hostile to locals.

Not long ago, he mentioned he wasn't a local & talk poorly of them. Now he behaves like he's representing local's voice.

What he's doing is using his account to show you local's "true face" on behalf of the local - yet - when convenient, he just goes back to his anti-local speech.

So he acts local, and deliberately speaks poorly about South East Asians to show you how bad locals are.

I didn't elaborate about it before cause I wanted to see what drove him to behave like the Chinese version DG.
    Last edited by Creative83; 18-05-2013 at 05:35 PM.

1 Ask them to stop?
    2 Join their "party"?
    OMG, Gary.
    And why do you feel that you need to bombard us with this video on every thread? What I see is simply 3 guys talking and enjoying themselves.
    In your racist mind they are off to comit some gruesome crime and hack a few people to death.

Seriously... you have serious problems.
    pandancake and jayinhongkong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    Several days ago, I said he was hostile.

I didn't meant he was hostile towards South East Asians. I meant he's hostile to locals.

Not long ago, he mentioned he wasn't a local & talk poorly of them. Now he behaves like he's representing local's voice.

What he's doing is using his account to show you local's "true face" on behalf of the local - yet - when convenient, he just goes back to his anti-local speech.

So he acts local, and deliberately speaks poorly about South East Asians to show you how bad locals are.

I didn't elaborate because I wanted to see what drove him to behave like the Chinese version DG.
    In what way is he not local? He sounds local and reads cantonese papers.

Besides, how do you think of their high crime rate and not to mention they becoming the mainstream of new generation of Triad society

If u claims you are local you should know how serious is the problem
    You are so disinformed. I thought it was comical but really is quite sad.

Sent from somewhere....

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast