Like Tree391Likes

You think you're turning native when...

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Firstly, what does comparing British teeth to American teeth have to do with comapring British teeth to HK teeth? Er, we seem to be missing the key HK part of the discussion here?

Secondly, if you actually read the (somewhat dated) links you've posted, you'll see that the conclusion is that things have moved on with British teeth as per this link (which was included in the 2nd link you posted). And the link is 7 years old so things have moved on considerably further since then.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...llbeing.health

Thirdly, Google answers and Yahoo answers....such reliable sources of info lol. Just because someone writes something on the internet doesn't make it true.

But yes, there is stereotype about the British having bad teeth. And yes, compared to Americans we did because the Brits weren't into cosmetic dentistry. However, as society becomes more globalised (read Americanised - to some extent), we appear to have become more vain and concerned about appearance i.e. American. The world and his dog have their teeth whitened these days although Brits prefer a more natural shade than the blingtastic pure white favoured by many Yanks. To each his own.

Right, I'm off to write some bullsh*t answer to a Yahoo question so some lucky forum person can quote it as "evidence" in the future. That's my good deed for the day.
    MovingIn07 and jayinhongkong like this.

Ok will conduct a teeth parade with my HK employees later this afternoon😁😁😁 let u know 😎👍

When I start hanging washing out the window to dry.

Sent from my HTC One X using GeoClicks Mobile

Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars:
    You want to get into cycling<insert alternate hobby here>, so you buy every single piece of equipment, accessories, stickers and clothing possible. EVERYTHING.

...and than proceed to bike down the street with a ciggie hanging out of your mouth..

Quote Originally Posted by croash:
    When I start hanging washing out the window to dry.

Sent from my HTC One X using GeoClicks Mobile
    edit:

..when I start paying someone to hang the washing out the window to dry

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    edit:

..when I start paying someone to hang the washing out the window to dry
    When you pay a Filipina to do a job you were born to do, the proceeds of which, she use to buy a house back home 5 times the size of your squalid shoebox.

When you hold a fire drill, then give the briefing in Cantonese so most of the Qweilo management can't understand. Genius.
    Last edited by dermotp; 24-05-2013 at 02:41 PM.

When you wear a yellow jumpsuit with pink high-heeled trainers in public...and think you are the height of fashion...and you're a bloke

jayinhongkong and Tom007 like this.

When you stop yelling and crying out like a fucking maniac, everytime a gecko races along your wall to give you a heart attack.

INXS and Skyhook like this.

when you no longer even consider sitting on a toilet seat, because you know it's going to be sprayed with piss
    when you go out of your way to buy congee for breakfast
    when you go back to the UK and realise that the Chinese takeaway you have been pining for tastes like shit

Natfixit likes this.

When you make toffy nosed statements about how fantabulous all your money makes Hong Kong for YOU

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast