View Poll Results: Should the HK Government Legalise Cannabis?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 51.43%
  • No

25 35.71%
  • Yes. but with restrictions

11 15.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree178Likes

Cannabis Legalisation

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

smoked a spliff an made zero diff on his driving! infact he did *better* after the spliff!

whilst straight he hit a cone during parking - but aced it after the smoke

put that in ya pipe an smoke it!

LegalizeHK likes this.

Well there seems to be a lot of controversy with the Netherlands drugs laws. They quite unpopular laws related to cannabis use but it does seem to stem around foreigners entering for drug tourism as it's quite convenient for many Europeans to enter Netherlands.

As long as laws take into consideration other countries pioneering efforts then I would be OK with it.

LegalizeHK likes this.

While short term use causes no serious problems concerning behaviour or death, studies have shown that long term use of cannabis can facilitate certain types of mental illness such as bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, especially in those who are to some extent vulnerable to such problems. I studied this at university and also have very close family experience on the subject, which I don't intend to go into further on here.

Last edited by justjoe86; 29-05-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    LegalizeHK likes this.

Frankly on the list of causes to champion, this would be at the bottom. Don't really care what others do as long as I don't have to see it, smell it or deal with it. Drugs are for weaklings that can't handle reality.

MovingIn07 likes this.

Alcohol is a drug, so I assume you don't drink... Either does Moving of course.

I'd much rather be around a café full of mellow stoned people, who are generally quite chatty & fun, than a room full of folks loaded up on 8 pints of beer ( or more ) each.

One group is fun and harmless, the other is a recipe for violent disaster...The legality issue is a load of BS in my opinion.

Last edited by Skyhook; 29-05-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swannie:
    Drugs are for weaklings that can't handle reality.
    You could just as easily argue that one for cigarettes, one of the most addictive products available in the world, alcohol and religion..
    Last edited by Cwbguy; 29-05-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    Gatts and Koen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I'd much rather be around a café full of mellow stoned people, who are generally quite chatty & fun, than a room full of folks loaded up on 8 pints of beer ( or more ) each.
    If I would walk through a room of people drinking nobody would pour their beers in my body without asking me permission.

It is very simplistic to make arguments along the lines of cannabis vs alcohol.

Yes, it is true, there are probably more grounds for alcohol to be a banned substance than cannabis, but we all saw what happened in the USA when they tried to ban alcohol. It simply isn't practical to ban alcohol. Cannabis, on the other hand, is already banned.

The legalisation of one thing and the criminalisation of something else are two very different matters.

Gatts and INXS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    If I would walk through a room of people drinking nobody would pour their beers in my body without asking me permission.
    Right, they'd just spill some of their beer on you by mistake, point and laugh, and then wanna fight if you asked them to apologize.
    Skyhook, LegalizeHK and Lootoo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    Right, they'd just spill some of their beer on you by mistake, point and laugh, and then wanna fight if you asked them to apologize.
    Spilling beer or smelling like smoke is trivial...

What makes alcohol exponentially worse than cannabis is its strong association with rapes, murders, drunk driving accidents, assaults...and people don't become physically addicted to weed.

People don't smoke weed and commit violent crimes, murders, rapes

The world would be a far better place if more people smoked weed, and less people drank..

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast