Like Tree298Likes

Soldier beheaded in Woolwich, UK. Sickening.

Closed Thread
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Oh give it a rest. Yes, it's fashionable to be islamophobic. Yes, it's fashionable to suggest that all Christian leaders are paedophiles but in 99% of cases, it's just normal people getting on with their lives. Why scare monger? I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Oh give it a rest. Yes, it's fashionable to be islamophobic. Yes, it's fashionable to suggest that all Christian leaders are paedophiles but in 99% of cases, it's just normal people getting on with their lives. Why scare monger? I just don't get it.
    No you don't...
    Skyhook likes this.

Okay. I think we've all seen enough now. This guy is obviously a troll....let's stop feeding it.

Skyhook likes this.

+1 re I like turtles, not getting it...

Trollalicious......indeed

Last edited by Skyhook; 03-06-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Okay. I think we've all seen enough now. This guy is obviously a troll....let's stop feeding it.
    It seems like you've finally run out of anything sensible to say. Keep trying, son.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    No you don't...
    Guns, you get it? Instead of telling me I don't, why not participate and explain? That would be useful input.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Guns, you get it? Instead of telling me I don't, why not participate and explain? That would be useful input.
    Turtles, you seriously think I'll be posting something so unique that hasn't yet been posted, said or argued yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    No I don't but it's no secret that Islam is very oppressive towards women and in some countries it is mandatory to wear the burka or at least a head scarf. If people want to wear such with pride then let them, but then you do away with such rules, too.
    The issue of it being mandatory is a difficult one. In deeply Islamic countries, the laws of the country reflect the guidelines set out in the koran - as they choose to interpret it. Arguing that some countries make the headscarf mandatory (for muslims) implies that women wouldn't wear it if it wasn't mandatory (otherwise there'd be no need for the rule). But is that a reasonable assumption? If you take the local example I mentioned earlier - in HK there is no rule that says muslim women must wear a headscarf but the majority still do. These helpers are away from their husbands/fathers and a risk of being beaten, but they still wear them. So doesn't it make more sense to assume that the vast majority of women choose to wear them?

So why have the rule in the first place? Good question. I don't know. But I'm assuming the rules also cover pork, alcohol etc etc - and yet nobody argues that this is an example of Islam being oppressive.

As for the issue of islam being anti-women, again, a muslim would argue that Islam is very respectful towards women, and for every sexist, misogynistic quote you can find in the koran (and there are many), they will find a contradictory one which demands that men honour and respect women. Some/many muslim men use the koran as a tool to oppress women and get what they want. The same was/is done by men of all religions. Perhaps the problem isn't islam - perhaps the problem is men

Original Post Deleted
    Sorry. I was on my phone and may have misread. Are you suggestion that you were exposed to a paedophilic Christian during Sunday school? And, on this basis, I'm very lucky?

Your dismissiveness only serves to highlight your own limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Turtles, you seriously think I'll be posting something so unique that hasn't yet been posted, said or argued yet?
    I can't imagine that you would say something unique. No.

Closed Thread
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast