Like Tree5Likes

Physical Fitness gym (Central)

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

My current contract is up in November... so about 6 months away. The sales guy there offered me a renewal at a rate similar to what I'm paying now... but I forgot how long the contract is for, and told me that day was the last day I can sign up at that price. I didn't go for it as I still have 6 months to go and I didn't want make that decision right then and there.

So what I'd like to know is... was he bullshitting me about the deadline? I'm pretty sure he was. But has anyone ever renewed their membership closer to when it actually expires and got the same or close enough monthly rate for the renewal?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    My current contract is up in November... so about 6 months away. The sales guy there offered me a renewal at a rate similar to what I'm paying now... but I forgot how long the contract is for, and told me that day was the last day I can sign up at that price. I didn't go for it as I still have 6 months to go and I didn't want make that decision right then and there.

So what I'd like to know is... was he bullshitting me about the deadline? I'm pretty sure he was. But has anyone ever renewed their membership closer to when it actually expires and got the same or close enough monthly rate for the renewal?
    Well a few months ago they were willing to renew me for HK$299 a month, if I signed two years pre-paid (I was presently on HK$236 a month for 15 monhts).

I ended up signing yesterday for HK$310 a month for two years. They would not budge and refused to go down to even the previous HK$299 a month they had offered me a few months ago.

I had held out thinking I would probably be able to get them for HK$250 a month, but that didn't really work out.

I still think HK$310 a month for a gym in central isn't too bad, considering Fitness First, pretty much next door is closer to HK$500 a month.

Always be careful while dealing with salesperson due goths following reasons

1). They will always say that "this offer is only available for today".

2). I have come across some salesperson saying "today is my last day,so join now"

3). They will always persuade you to get pt,mostly 12 session for 12.6k.again you will be told "it's available for today only"

4).you will be lured to pay.so keep in mind that he is salesperson n u have the power to tell him STFU.

Guys be really careful,if anyone is joining.i have seen bunch of skinny pt who knows nothing about fitness trying to cheat others.psn the day I joined,I was offered a free trainer for a while and the trainer couldn't even life the weight that he told me to lift.

Croeso likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maryb:
    Can anyone spill the beans on what deals they've got recently at the new Physical gym in Central?

Would like to know good deals to join for 1 or 2 years?

How much they charge per PT session? And what is the minimum number of PT sessions that people have been able to sign up for (30?)?

And whether you get hassled as much to sign up for more PT sessions as you do in California Fitness ?.....

Any bad stories about Physical that I should be aware of before I join?

I've been a member at California Fitness for a couple of years now and have finally had enough of them - the new gym is rubbish, all of the decent trainers have left, the amount of pressure to sell more sessions, even to existing clients like me, just gets worse and worse, and frankly I've had enough and want to move on!!...... I've looked at the new Phyiscal gym and the facilities seem to be great, but want to make sure that I'm not moving from one bad place to another ..... any guidance gratefully received!.....

I think with Physical you can haggle a little. That's what I learnt after getting ripped off by Cali for PT, I did a bit of enquiry over the phone with other gyms. Physical quoted me 400 over the phone and asked it that would be enough to tempt me to visit their gym. but if you really want it I'm sure you could push lower. It's like buying trinkets in Mainland China

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by nirmal:
    Always be careful while dealing with salesperson due goths following reasons

1). They will always say that "this offer is only available for today".

2). I have come across some salesperson saying "today is my last day,so join now"

3). They will always persuade you to get pt,mostly 12 session for 12.6k.again you will be told "it's available for today only"

4).you will be lured to pay.so keep in mind that he is salesperson n u have the power to tell him STFU.

Guys be really careful,if anyone is joining.i have seen bunch of skinny pt who knows nothing about fitness trying to cheat others.psn the day I joined,I was offered a free trainer for a while and the trainer couldn't even life the weight that he told me to lift.
    So true. I fell for 1) with Cali and not proud of it. Those bastards

It's all about Epic MMA. Come learn mixed martial arts and train your body the right way. The goal is to train your body as one unit and become an athlete. That's how the human body is supposed to work. Not by developing big biceps and big chest with a fat belly and skinny legs like i see in 99% of the gyms. Most people in gyms have rubbish cardio, they can't run, they can't do anything but 'bench pressing' and do biceps curls etc...
    Epic MMA has world class coaches and you can train in all type of martial arts + they have some cardio and circuit training classes.

I miss the days when you could just walk in and pay for a class or a day at the gym, when the weather outside was too bad.....

Quote Originally Posted by njaeger:
    It's all about Epic MMA. Come learn mixed martial arts and train your body the right way. The goal is to train your body as one unit and become an athlete. That's how the human body is supposed to work. Not by developing big biceps and big chest with a fat belly and skinny legs like i see in 99% of the gyms. Most people in gyms have rubbish cardio, they can't run, they can't do anything but 'bench pressing' and do biceps curls etc...
    Epic MMA has world class coaches and you can train in all type of martial arts + they have some cardio and circuit training classes.
    Sounds good. Although it is perfectly possible to train your body as a unit using weightlifting techniques as well. Squats, Deadlifts, Olympic Lifts etc. I might drop you a PM about the MMA training when I get my shoulder issue sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by njaeger:
    Yeah but its HK$2k a month. Sure if you are committed to working out, but a lot of people are not so committed (like me) and are looking for something they can go to 3 odd times a week.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by asianexpatinhk:
    I think with Physical you can haggle a little. That's what I learnt after getting ripped off by Cali for PT, I did a bit of enquiry over the phone with other gyms. Physical quoted me 400 over the phone and asked it that would be enough to tempt me to visit their gym. but if you really want it I'm sure you could push lower. It's like buying trinkets in Mainland China

Good luck
    I haven't followed your(?) CF thread too closely, but you mention PTs here.

Don't use personal trainers in any of the middle-tier gyms (I'm not sure about Pure). Just about every personal trainer I have ever seen training someone else has been a complete waste of training fees.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast