Like Tree247Likes

Hong Kong tops the most intolerant of other races list

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    And for the record, I've found European expats to be the more intolerant toward each other, when it comes to neighbours. I am having an issue with an old British school teacher who is being a fair pain in the arse, who got the shits that we got the best of the two houses in our village, she missed out, I got it, and she's been a down right miserable old cow ever since. I don't complain about her 4 barking dogs that drive the village crazy and I am not one to really be bothered about shit like that, as I accepted that she has 4 yappy firkin dogs. Life goes on.

I parked my Chinese uncles lexus out the front of my house last week to give it a wash as it was lobbed on me via ' The inlaws ' because he got into a bit of trouble in China and has been held in remand for about 3 months.

Now, the car hasn't been driven much and it only just started when I took it away from my uncle inlaws house, and left it parked in our village car park 100 metres from our house. When I went to move it to our dead end driveway access to wash 3 months worth of bird poo and stack of leaves that had accumulated, I left the car running while I gave it a quick wash. I only left it running so the alternator could put back enough charge in the battery so I could start it again, we are talking 15 minutes etc.

She storms out of her house and has a big bitch and moan at me that I was running the " noisy " carnear her house and I just looked at her with a why don't you fuck off look on my face lol . I then proceeded to explain to the old bint, that if I turn the engine off too soon, there is a good chance that it wont start and that I didn't have any means to jump start the car at the house, that if it doesn't start it will have to stay there until the following day for me to get a 12V mobile jump start pack from my office, so for the sake of 15 minutes of idling the very quiet lexus, that it isn't a big deal. well it was to her as she bitched about pollution and all kinds of emotional twat waffle, so I just shut it down to appease the bag.

Luckily it started again so it was all good, but she really is rubbing me up the wrong way lately, I just don't get people like her. Anyway, we aren't on speaking terms now, I think I told her to " get laid you stupid old cow " or something along those lines, so it's turned out for the best, I reckon hahaha.
    Ring up and complain each and every time one of her dogs barks.....

Quote Originally Posted by asianexpatinhk:
    And your pt is?

I think generally people in this part of the world are less likely to react violently on discrimination. Does this mean the feeling and non-aggressive discriminatory behaviors are not too widespread for comfort?
    My point is HK is LESS racist then alot of "western" countries.
    Last edited by USA40-40; 17-06-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    solidops likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by USA40-40:
    My point is HK is LESS racist then alot of "western" countries.
    Mat!!! Where are you? Someone is comparing HK to western "countries".....

Hong Kong is closer to a city state....you are comparing apples to tomatoes...

You should be comparing HK to Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by USA40-40:
    You would never see any HK locals doing this to expat students.

http://news.yahoo.com/france-condemn...131841492.html
    ^ Exactly.

The perpetrators attacked them because they were bitter about the fact the Chinese had brought up vineyards, treasures of France.

Do you see any attacks of British gweilos when they came and literally "took" Hong Kong? Nope...the Hong Kongers accepted their fate, threw bags of snakes in foreigner houses (LOL) and went along with their life.

Quote Originally Posted by asianexpatinhk:
    I think generally people in this part of the world are less likely to react violently on discrimination.
    So...who's more intolerant then? The passive verbal garden variety racism of the Hong Kongers?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Anyone who thinks locals in HK don't discriminate should read the current "why won't HK'ers sit next to me on the bus" thread. They discriminate, just in weird and often counterproductive ways! Even against white folks (while some on the thread happily note they won't sit next to Indians!).
    "Omg! Hong Kong people are SOOOOO racist, they won't sit next to me on the bus!" - said every expat on this board. Seriously, you guys sound like a bunch of sheltered pussies that have never left your Anglo Enclaves and are seeing the real world for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    HKers are very honest about their racism. But yet, they have lived with foreigners in the city for many many decades without racial tensions (when was the last race riot in HK?). That's pretty damn tolerant if you ask me.
    This is the point I've been trying to get across in all of my posts. I'm just going to quote this post when I'm too lazy to write up a response.

Also, lol @ you retards trying to compare Hong Kong and Singapore. I agree that Singapore is more "tolerant" but that's because Singapore is HISTORICALLY DIVERSE.
    Last edited by solidops; 18-06-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    USA40-40 likes this.

Yay! Good move, lets make it a meme thread instead

closedcasket likes this.

Now that more Americans actually know where HK is (and that it's not part of Japan), we might see more immigration this way. Three of my American buddies have expressed an interest in moving here since the Snowden thing started.

Three of my American buddies have expressed an interest in moving here since the Snowden thing started.
    That has completely reversed my previous position. I now believe that Snowden should be handed back to the yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    That has completely reversed my previous position. I now believe that Snowden should be handed back to the yanks.
    I...I...agree with you.

Snowden should get his ass flown back to the States ASAP.

A certain group of people need to stop coming to Hong Kong just because they've failed in their own country. Snowden is living proof of this.
    Last edited by solidops; 18-06-2013 at 09:40 PM.

I don't think he was 'failing'...good job in Hawaii, hot dancer gf...

chris_yang22 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    I don't think he was 'failing'...good job in Hawaii, hot dancer gf...
    The government wants his blood and he can't return to his own country. I'd say he "failed".

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast