Like Tree44Likes

Swimming - fresh water- tai tam?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I have worked in a bottling plant for juice.
    Some of the employees put their fingers into the bottle to grab them and then put them on the conveyor belt for fill up by the machine.
    Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    *smile* I'm willing to bet that you have not seen this with your own eyes

They do not wakeboard in the reservoir, they do the activity in TaiTam Harbour aka TheSalty SouthChianSea.
    Correct, I didn't say that I had physically seen it. My info was from that website because it said they were on Tai Tam Reservoir Road. Clear now, thanks.

Claire "Shui Lo Chu Pools require a bit of a hike" - how long (time or distance) are you talking when you say "a bit of a hike"?

Even in the mountains around Tuen Mun you can find ponds and waterfalls.......

......just don't do it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Shui Lo Chu Pools require a bit of a hike, but then I wouldn't want to swim in natural pools that were easily accessible to all and sundry!
    Sadly a local magazine featured an article on them last week & the trees that blocked the path from last's year typhoon 10 have been cleared and the grass either has been clipped recently, so I would expect plenty of visitors to the rock pools over the summer.

The huge spiders have returned on route though.
    Last edited by emx; 28-06-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaK:
    Claire "Shui Lo Chu Pools require a bit of a hike" - how long (time or distance) are you talking when you say "a bit of a hike"?
    Its about an hour there and hour back if you take the easy path. There is a hike going there tomorrow:
    http://www.meetup.com/hongkonghiking...nts/126158162/

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Sadly a local magazine featured an article on them last week & the trees that blocked the path from last's year typhoon 10 have been cleared and the grass either has been clipped recently, so I would expect plenty of visitors to the rock pools over the summer.

Oh dear...

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Have you ever walked on the beach on the way there (instead of the path)? That beach is full of millions of insects and I've not seen these guys anywhere else. Every single step you take causes hundreds of them to scatter and run around; very creepy and scary for those who dont like creepy crawlies. Any idea what those insects are?

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaK:
    I am a great fan of fresh water swimming i.e. rivers, lakes etc instead of the salty sea or chloriney pool. I see that watersports take place on Tai Tam reservoir, so is it OK just to swim in there too? Anyone know of any good fresh water swimming spots that don't require hiking for hours to get there?
    Many people do stream trekking in summer and they can swim in the pool up stream. This is quite dangerous and many people die from it every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Makeo:
    Many people do stream trekking in summer and they can swim in the pool up stream. This is quite dangerous and many people die from it every year.
    Really where are you quoting this information from?

A few non swimmers drowned in some rock pools last year, but they were not stream trekking. (these were isolated events)

I've heard some pretty big snakes like swimming in the reservoirs too...might be fun!

auss, Watercooler and Tom007 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast