Like Tree468Likes

Typhoon Season 2013

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

T10/Cat 10 - Whatever.

Though spectacular nowhere near the famous 87 Uk Hurricane. Now that WAS scary and dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    T10/Cat 10 - Whatever.

Though spectacular nowhere near the famous 87 Uk Hurricane. Now that WAS scary and dangerous.
    Whatever?

You don't know much about typhoons in HK do you?
    Last edited by Watercooler; 10-07-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Here you can really get a feel for the size of this storm. Note the huge and well defined eye. It is really a showpiece.
    Last edited by INXS; 10-07-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Poor trails in Taiwan are going to get all messed up! I wonder how many will be ruined this week. I think the storm is beautiful, too.
    I think if you grow up in a country/place where nature generates these powerful storms, you develop a certain awe for nature and it's power. You are reminded at how weak and insubstantial we are compared with earth and that earth can conquer us. It's amazing to see how earth can gather all these particles and build up these amazing walls of clouds. I think it's beautiful.

INXS and MovingIn07 like this.

You have to look at it from a scientific/love of nature point of view. It doesn't matter if you hope it hits HK directly, are scared of it, love it, pray it causes less damage.....it is without emotion, love, hate, mercy or pity! It's massive and powerful and completely out of our control...

...The other thing for me, WC and a few others...it is the fact that we mere mortals have at our disposal millions of pounds of scientific equipment that we can access from our laptops, everything from anemometer readings to satellite images...it's like being a kid let loose in the lab!

She is pretty freaking attractive, I have to agree. But she is massive and is going to swallow the little nation of Taiwan whole.

INXS likes this.

I'm in Taiwan at the moment and all is calm so far...slightly disappointed ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Whatever?

You don't know much about typhoons in HK do you?
    You're right but my point is simply that I know I was bang in the middle of the 87UK storm and was here for the T10 and I know which one of the two was more dangerous and caused more devastation and loss of life.

That is because you get a warning of a T10 and prepare, the storm of 87 (not a hurricane) was famous for getting no warnings what so ever. Remember Michael Fish?

INXS and Claire ex-ax like this.

The eye and the outer rainbands seem to have shrank somewhat from the latest sat image, I wonder if the typhoon is undergoing a eyewall replacement cycle?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast