Like Tree247Likes

Hong Kong tops the most intolerant of other races list

Closed Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahbaby:
    Kids? Are you "kidding" me? What will kids say? High school juvenile antics and local kids... I know of none that are that disrespectful that are properly brought up in good families. In every society, you will have street kids that act tough and have lower standards. Don't paint every HK citizen that way by using a blanket statement that "most" local kids think that way.
    Back to my original statement... You are extremely defensive and have an obvious chip on your shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by dipstick:
    If you had created a scene would the people on the bus have thought you or the couple were in the wrong?
    That's why it would not be good for me to be there...I suspect the 'victim' would probably not appreciate the scene and everyone else would look at me like I'm crazy, lol...
    dipstick and MovingIn07 like this.

Interesting thread.

Knowing a lot of locals i can say that a lot perceive dark skinned people to be inferior. Singapore is much much worse. In Singapore people advertise flats to rent with "no indians please"
    Horrible stuff.
    Its all from the parents, i believe that in general asians are more narrow minded than westerners.
    Westerners are more openly racist but most of it is said in jest. That doesn't make it ok though.

One important observation id like to share is that hk people still remember british rule and it still infuriates them.
    This is why there is so much passive aggressiveness towards caucos in offices here. They resent that they still need to answer to a white person. Im sure there are members of this forum educated on the mainland who can attest to the fact that they are taught that british rule over hk was a great shame. I dont blame them, it was.

Hk is a very unique society....

HK may have preferred the cultural revolution better

Quote Originally Posted by Neville 2013:

One important observation id like to share is that hk people still remember british rule and it still infuriates them.
    This is why there is so much passive aggressiveness towards caucos in offices here. They resent that they still need to answer to a white person. Im sure there are members of this forum educated on the mainland who can attest to the fact that they are taught that british rule over hk was a great shame. I dont blame them, it was.

Hk is a very unique society....
    This. You put it so much better than me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    This. You put it so much better than me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Doesn't make it ok though. The chip on their shoulder needs to stop. 15+ yrs after the handover, relax you are in charge now.
    Lead by example.

Doesn't make it ok though. The chip on their shoulder needs to stop. 15+ yrs after the handover, relax you are in charge now.
    Lead by example.
    Aye. Not using this as an excuse, but HK people have never really settled down on an identity; one minute they are under the Chinese rule, a short stint under Japan, next they're under the British rule (with some areas at the time neither China nor a British colony), then back the China with this 50 year thing. Its not been that long with all this happening, maybe a generation or so with each (except for the rural Chinese beginnings that is), so it takes time, in some ways they are still finding their feet and realising (and accepting) what their true identity is.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Aye. Not using this as an excuse, but HK people have never really settled down on an identity; one minute they are under the Chinese rule, a short stint under Japan, next they're under the British rule (with some areas at the time neither China nor a British colony), then back the China with this 50 year thing. Its not been that long with all this happening, maybe a generation or so with each (except for the rural Chinese beginnings that is), so it takes time, in some ways they are still finding their feet and realising (and accepting) what their true identity is.
    I feel you need to go and read some history books.
    vikulya likes this.

Lead by example.
    Who is in charge? Certainly not Hong Kong locals....

By "they" I hope you mean the communist party in Beijing.
    vikulya likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Who is in charge? Certainly not Hong Kong locals....

By "they" I hope you mean the communist party in Beijing.
    Yes...this morning I had to ask the CCP before I took my dog for a walk.
    kmn911 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast