Like Tree284Likes

Super Typhoon USAGI

Closed Thread
Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast

uh oh it's heading SW.

INXS and Watercooler like this.

The news stations are still saying this is expected to be the strongest storm to hit HK in 30 yrs. But HKO makes no mention of potentially higher signals than T8 (last year they did).

Now would be a good time to drive on up to TC rd peak and see how this will all potentially turn out....

My inlaws in Scandinavia are emailing that they're worried big time because they hear its one of the worst typhoons on record, and are we really getting 50 ft waves??? My parents back in SE Queensland are what's app'ing me to get the lowdown as they think its all exciting, really.

Last edited by Natfixit; 22-09-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    The news stations are still saying this is expected to be the strongest storm to hit HK in 30 yrs. But HKO makes no mention of potentially higher signals than T8 (last year they did).
    Wouldn't be like the media to over dramatise things, would it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app

Stoob

You're right! Scaring my 95 year old grandfather in the UK...

I see Drama Queen Cooler is still spouting rubbish. It may well be bad so if you keep doing this for the next 30 typhoons you might be proven correct.

I have no doubt this wont be pretty but let's get some perspective here

Original Post Deleted
    It certainly looks as though we've been lucky.

Hong Kong is such a small target and it's easy to forget that actual people live in the path of USAGI. They will not be describing it as all fart and no shit, I'm sure.

To give you an analogy:

Let's say you lived in Brighton and a typhoon was coming, at the last minute it veers off and slams into Bournemouth instead. Many are killed in landslips, flooding and so on...Probably wouldn't be using words like, 'miss' or phrases like 'all fart and no shit'.

Just for reference: 2 million people.

Enough said I think.

But in this case the people who are getting drowned, smothered in landslides, and losing all their worldly wealth are mainlanders (and not the sort who live in nice houses or can afford to come shopping in HK), so it doesn't matter, right?

INXS and Watercooler like this.

Shantou - All fart no shit...

Missed...well, missed us...

FYI - these photos are from today and are about 300kms away....we are bloody lucky this isn't us.

I believe that t8 will end most likely 10am tomorrow,

Closed Thread
Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast