Like Tree284Likes

Super Typhoon USAGI

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    Down in Seabird it's fairly quiet, but looking out toward La Costa, La Serene or General Hospital at the other side (I think that's Phase 3) it looks very different indeed. I do vividly remember that during last year's typhoon that uprooted seven trees at the plaza and pushed in several windows in the Greens (about 300 meters from us) we were not affected either, it seems to be mayhem around us though.
    Mr. Elle decided to make bacon omelettes, to be washed down with Sauvignon Blanc while watching The Lord of the Rings...
    No no no no! This is not good! I'm moving to DB (La Costa) in a few days. I want trees and pretty seating areas. Damn typhoons!

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    No no no no! This is not good! I'm moving to DB (La Costa) in a few days. I want trees and pretty seating areas. Damn typhoons!
    I think a tree has gone thru someone's window just down the road at La Serene, the fire services have been down there a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    I think a tree has gone thru someone's window just down the road at La Serene, the fire services have been down there a while.
    La (not so) Serene
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Gale Force to Storm Force northwesterly winds are blowing over Hong Kong… Winds will go on strengthening as USAGI edges closer… Wind speed may reach Hurricane Force briefly over parts of the territory if the cyclone moves within 100 km of Hong Kong… Wind direction will become southwest tomorrow morning after USAGI moves past the longitude of Hong Kong… Please take necessary measures to prevent loss IMMEDIATELY… USAGI is a very dangerous cyclone…

Quote Originally Posted by toastandjam:
    Tai Po pretty bad. Lots of rain. Lots of wind
    If you like at the radar imagery at the HKO site, you will see northern NT is now just touching the outer edge of the main eyewall of the typhoon. So yes, it will get more windy as the night progress.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 22-09-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Who was at TST pier earlier moaning about the lack of wind? They have 89 kmh gusts right now...

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I believe that t8 will end most likely 10am tomorrow,
    I think you are being a little optimistic. I think earlier - at or before 7:00.

Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Gale Force to Storm Force northwesterly winds are blowing over Hong Kong… Winds will go on strengthening as USAGI edges closer… Wind speed may reach Hurricane Force briefly over parts of the territory if the cyclone moves within 100 km of Hong Kong… Wind direction will become southwest tomorrow morning after USAGI moves past the longitude of Hong Kong… Please take necessary measures to prevent loss IMMEDIATELY… USAGI is a very dangerous cyclone…
    I wonder what words you're keeping in reserve for storms that do more than knock over your flowerpots?
    kjames likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    I wonder what words you're keeping in reserve for storms that do more than knock over your flowerpots?
    I am assuming he was quoting from HKO or somewhere.

What I find amazing is the difference across HK, which is really quite a small place (though I understand the hills will have a lot to do with that).
    Watercooler likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 ... LastLast