Like Tree284Likes

Super Typhoon USAGI

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 ... LastLast

Dream run on the Tsuen Wan line at the moment

I found my second T8 much less scary than the first one (Utor). That storm lashed at out flat near Stanley and rain came through the windows before we even got to T8, whereas this time we hardly noticed it. I guess the wind direction as well as the proximity and path of the typhoon is so critical to how it impacts on you. I think we got off lightly this time.

Mat likes this.

CCTV now reports 20 dead on the mainland from the storm

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...e?ocid=twitter

Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:
    CCTV now reports 20 dead on the mainland from the storm

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...e?ocid=twitter
    Death toll keeps increasing :-/

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    I think pot, kettle, black there.

It is a reasonable point of discussion. I have been up since just before 6 and seen not a breath of wind, and a few rain showers. Yes I know it might be different elsewhere, but I doubt it will be serious enough to stop people safely getting about.

Husband raised the issue of possibility of trees etc on roads needing to be cleared before people get out and about. But maintaining a T8 signal for that erodes the effectiveness of the system, there should be a T3 with warning to take care or something.

EDT: And T3 is now up

Never mind Mat. He rarely contributes anything regarding the actual topic. Instead, he sits back and critiques everyone else's comments.

Annoying little buggar he is....
    TheBrit, jimbo and kimwy66 like this.

Given the pictures of extreme flooding and sunk boats where the typhoon made landfall, I am SO happy this one missed us. It was a MUCH MUCH more serious typhoon than the piddling little thing a few weeks ago which is actually why I was annoyed at the HKO then: too many of those and folks just ignore the signals which would lead to a greater impact all around. Most of you are just talking about "wind and rain". Actually a big part of the impact comes from storm surges and flooding (yet again, Tai O copped it bad) which don't affect everywhere but can be extremely serious where they do.

chingleutsch likes this.

The beach was ok this morning, a bit of swell but nothing out of the ordinary. Just did a bit of sweeping outside but even in our leafy village, no real serious damage. Bit underwhelming compared to Vincente.

Still very windy in tseung kwan o.

Original Post Deleted
    If USAGI had hit us directly or landed within 100 kms to the south the story would have been very different this morning. Stop trolling and consider the people who have been killed, injured and displaced in areas nearby. If USAGI had hit us you can be sure there would have been death and destruction right here in HK...

You believe that 'your view' is of greater value than that of the most respected meteorological observatories in the world, HKO? You're a troll or a fool. Let us know when you've decided which. Thanks, and have a nice day. :-)
    Last edited by INXS; 23-09-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    Watercooler likes this.

I tied everything down, small things off our balconies etc etc.
    Only things left were two plastic cockroach traps which havent moved an inch. Just shows how unaffected west kowloon was.

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 ... LastLast