View Poll Results: FDH shall have probation period ? Yes or No.

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • FDH must have 3 months probation

12 46.15%
  • FDH must have no probation

14 53.85%
Like Tree260Likes

Why FDH no need to go through a probation period !

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick:
    I think you need to get out into the real world a little more.
    I've seen the real HK world around me ok. Parts of it ain't pretty. It's not a normal sight in some "world city" to see people pushing the recycled paper cart up Wyndham St or along Nathan Rd. Also 100k or ~1.5% of the population living in humiliating cages like dogs. Not even sure if some of the middle income SEA countries have scenes like this. Perhaps high social deference is the problem. Clearly there's no floor against to how low living standards can go in HK
    TheBrit likes this.

I think quite a few of the posters on this thread need to get out into the real world more often quite honestly.

Many people grow up with helpers! Is this so strange?

There are publications for those who didn't especialy aimed at the expat community. I'll try and look them up.

Many expats come from countries where helpers are not the general rule, they find it difficult.

Koen,

I am with you on that one. I grew up with 3 helpers, a butler, a driver, a gardener, a cook and it is perfectly normal where I come from (ie France). At last half the population live that way and I really don't quite get why people on these boards don't get it.

I agree with you, peeps should go out more in the real world.

For the record, I never type my messages here, i dictate them and one of my helper type them.

Last edited by Mat; 26-09-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    INXS, dipstick, z754103 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    You may terminate the employee at 1 month's notice any time. What are you looking for in a probation period? Instant dismissal without notice?
    Yes. Perfectly said. The laws allow for both parties to give one month's notice.

I'm really not sure what the OP is really after. Probably better interviewing or management skills on their part will help.
    wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Yes. Perfectly said. The laws allow for both parties to give one month's notice.

I'm really not sure what the OP is really after. Probably better interviewing or management skills on their part will help.
    The OP definitely wants to fire the helper without paying anything including the return flight.
    virago likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    For the record, I never type my messages here, i dictate them and one of my helper type them.
    That explains why your written English is so poor

Quote Originally Posted by Bombastic:
    I've seen the real HK world around me ok. Parts of it ain't pretty. It's not a normal sight in some "world city" to see people pushing the recycled paper cart up Wyndham St or along Nathan Rd. Also 100k or ~1.5% of the population living in humiliating cages like dogs. Not even sure if some of the middle income SEA countries have scenes like this. Perhaps high social deference is the problem. Clearly there's no floor against to how low living standards can go in HK
    Bullshit. If it was possible to make a living collecting cardboard you would see loads of people in London and other western cities doing it.

As for cage homes.....it's been said many times that these guys choose this accommodation rather than share larger digs. For some, arguably it's not, but for most it's a choice....Using emotive language like cages is just plain stupid and admitting that you've sheepishly lapped up what the media spoon fed you. The grills are security to stop your gear being nicked....nothing more, nothing less...

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    The OP definitely wants to fire the helper without paying anything including the return flight.
    Which is what? $3000?
    Koen likes this.

What are you fishing for me to say?

Its obviously not the "norm" in many expat home countries which is why when they come to Hong Kong they find the whole process so difficult. That wasn't the case with us as we grew up and came from a country with a lot of cheap labour. Being a domesic wasn't sneered at it was a life saver for many families. We did have a driver so do many living in our area in Hong Kong.

Get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    That explains why your written English is so poor

Wahhhhhh I feel soooo hurt by that one.

elle likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast