View Poll Results: FDH shall have probation period ? Yes or No.

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • FDH must have 3 months probation

12 46.15%
  • FDH must have no probation

14 53.85%
Like Tree260Likes

Why FDH no need to go through a probation period !

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

I still think that Mat is being overly generous in assuming that Jurgen is a troll, but really, can we just agree that he's been universally condemned as utterly clueless and move on?

Even a thread about various ways to make French Toast would be more interesting than this!

MovingIn07, jimbo and kimwy66 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by juergenw:
    Yes and a word to MAT - in 9 years you have posted almost 9000 times - thats an average of 3 posts a day - congrats - post a few more on my thread but be noted our helper is not pretty at all - so maybe your slightly embarrassing comment could be easily named SEXUAL HARRASSMENT ???? Typically french (yes I am a german racist - you can say now !)
    What is your problem with Mat? Nothing embarrassing about his comment and it sure as hell isn't sexual harassment. I know Germans tend to lack a sense of humour but come on! Any why does it matter if your helper is pretty or not? All you seem to do is criticise her and blame her for your poor management. Did she forget to put your towel on your sun lounger or something?!
    MovingIn07, jimbo, Mat and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I still think that Mat is being overly generous in assuming that Jurgen is a troll, but really, can we just agree that he's been universally condemned as utterly clueless and move on?

Even a thread about various ways to make French Toast would be more interesting than this!
    Well I learnt "eggy bread" in the Girl Guides. We used to beat up egg in a bowl, dip in the bread, and then fry in the frypan. Is that French Toast? I note that when I eat French Toast in hotels, the slice of bread seems much thicker than the "standard" size we used in the guides.

I grew up thinking that French Toast was buttered toast with sugar sprinkled on it. As a kid, that tastes wonderful. I don't think that I tried eggy bread until sometime in university.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    What is your problem with Mat? Nothing embarrassing about his comment and it sure as hell isn't sexual harassment. I know Germans tend to lack a sense of humour but come on! Any why does it matter if your helper is pretty or not? All you seem to do is criticise her and blame her for your poor management. Did she forget to put your towel on your sun lounger or something?!
    False! I have known quite a few German in HK and most of them have a great sense of humour, usually its dry, the kind I like, not to mention the fact that my wife is German, who cracks me up every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I grew up thinking that French Toast was buttered toast with sugar sprinkled on it. As a kid, that tastes wonderful. I don't think that I tried eggy bread until sometime in university.
    Funnily, even though I grew up in a small town in India, I knew about French toast and how its made. Though the ones I have had here in HK, were so greasy I stopped bothering with them.
    Last edited by gunsnroses; 30-09-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    False! I have known quite a few German in HK and most of them have a great sense of humour, usually its dry, the kind I like, not to mention the fact that my wife is German, who cracks me up every now and then.
    No bias there then lol. *joking*

I used to work for Deutsche Bank in London and New York. Yes, there are some funny Germans (including one of my closest friends) but the stereotype is that they lack a sense of humour...and usually there's a grain of truth in most stereotypes.

As for French toast, I'd never heard of it until I visited the US. I'm pretty sure that even now my family back in the UK have no idea what it is. I always thought it was more an American thing?

Just looked up the etymology of French Toast via Wikipedia. There's not much to suggest a French heritage at all.

I like how it's also called Gypsy Toast.

Hk version is

Two slices of Thick bread peanut butter in the middle dipped in batter then deep fried until golden then doused in syrup and butter.

Heart attack on a plate. But so good

Fiona in HKG and closedcasket like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Hk version is

Two slices of Thick bread peanut butter in the middle dipped in batter then deep fried until golden then doused in syrup and butter.

Heart attack on a plate. But so good
    I will have to try this some day. Any place in particular that makes a good one?

Most of the local places do it. Cafe de coral, Fairwood etc as part of the tea set. Usually not available till after 2.30 ish.

Try it at Lan Fong Yuen, 2 Gage Street, Central, tel +852 2850 8683.

Last edited by jimbo; 30-09-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    DeannaX likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast