Like Tree468Likes

Typhoon Season 2013

Closed Thread
Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 LastLast

well, very informative.

Is it safe to says it is over now for HK?

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Is it safe to says it is over now for HK?
    The future KROSA has potential and might be a small typhoon for the P'pines by Thursday...too early to say if it will bother us although it's current track would suggest it might...

...I lose the word 'track' loosely here as it is still consolidating...

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    The future KROSA has potential and might be a small typhoon for the P'pines by Thursday...too early to say if it will bother us although it's current track would suggest it might...

...I lose the word 'track' loosely here as it is still consolidating...
    Hmmm....I agree it's too early to say on whether it will have any effect on HK. Still, it's now well into fall and conditions aren't good for such storms close to HK. People will notice starting from the last few days there is a distinct coolness in the morning and evenings, not cool enough to wear long sleeves, but noticeable nevertheless. This is normal for fall weather but also is a hint that the environment around HK is not ideal to sustain strong tropical cyclones.

To be precise, the storms that do come near HK now tend to loose strength because of the lack of sufficient ocean warmth and dry air aloft.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 27-10-2013 at 03:28 PM.

To be clear...this picture is regarding the probability of coming within 120kms of Luzon, not Hong Kong...
    Last edited by INXS; 27-10-2013 at 05:39 PM.

amber warning in uk with trains cancelled and people told to avoid travel in the south. 1 dead so far. winds 130kmph

INXS and imparanoic like this.

One dead? Didn't see that. A kid jumped into the sea at Newhaven and got swept away - but that was before the storm arrived and no doubt several other people died in the UK yesterday for non weather-related reasons.

I notice pictures in the Guardian of floods in St Albans too. At least they're honest enough to admit that happened last week.

yes you are correct on the kid, i was just going on the headlines. winds reached 159mph about 200kmph?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24699748 - scary pictures...

Some "highlights"

A double-decker bus "rolled over" in Suffolk, injuring the driver and several passengers. Witnesses told police the vehicle blew over at 08:00 GMT, rolling onto its side and coming to a stop in a field in Hadleigh

Sussex Police say 125 trees have fallen across Sussex - including one on a taxi in Eastbourne, from which the driver climbed out uninjured

The helter-skelter at Clacton Pier in Essex has blown down, but the structure has not fallen into the sea

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has cancelled his monthly press conference because of a crane collapsed on the roof of the Cabinet Office
    Last edited by dengxi; 28-10-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    MovingIn07 likes this.