Like Tree57Likes

Typhoon Haiyan in Philippines

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

So you're saying the government should arrange for everyone in the Philippines to have enough money to build, buy and/or maintain a typhoon proof house?

Genius. I wonder why no one has thought of that before.

PS It's 'didn't' not 'did'nt'- I thought you'd realised that by now.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    So you're saying the government should arrange for everyone in the Philippines to have enough money to build, buy and/or maintain a typhoon proof house?

Genius. I wonder why no one has thought of that before.

PS It's 'didn't' not 'did'nt'- I thought you'd realised that by now.
    Who said everyone would need a typhoon-proof house? But the government at the very least should try to enhance typhoon resistance for housing of a substantial section of the population most vulnerable to typhoons.

PS-I don't care, this is not an english essay I am writing.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 08-11-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Who said everyone would need a typhoon proof house? But the government at the very least should try to enhance typhoon resistance for housing of a substantial section of the population most vulnerable to typhoons.

Ie. The people who live in substandard housing. AKA people with little money. AKA people who can't afford more than tin roofs.

PS-I don't care, this is not a english essay I am writing.
    You should care, your students must think you're an idiot.

the presidents plan: stop corruption at the top, invest in infrastructure, through these increase inward investment. use the money to further improve infrastructure, improve healthcare for the poor, eliminate starvation and do something to curb the pop growth. much better to have building codes that almost no one could afford

HAIYAN has left the Philippines and has weakened to a category 4 Super Typhoon...

p.s. how come the richest country in the world was not prepared for the relatively weak Katrina?

No, just trying to be helpful with the grammar. It may be a bit finicky on a blog post, sorry about that, but my teeth are set on edge when this particular error is made by others who get paid for correct grammar, especially on the so-called "BBC".

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    HAIYAN has left the Philippines and has weakened to a category 4 Super Typhoon...
    last track I saw seemf to show it edging a bit north

Quote Originally Posted by dipstick:
    p.s. how come the richest country in the world was not prepared for the relatively weak Katrina?
    Quite right, especially since Katrina was not the first to hit that particular city, which has been built below the water level in a way that renders it particularly vulnerable.

Just seeing that Andrew Stevens and the rest of the CNN crew are missing. Guess it will be a few days before we learn the full extent of damage and loss.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast