Like Tree194Likes

China donates $100,000 to Philippines

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

says the pro china guy last time when mainlanders were shitting on the train, with movies to back it up, you were still trying to make excuses, saying you hoped they were locals instead of mainlanders.
    Pro-China? This is the problem when you try to debate with intellectual lightweights. The little paragraph above exposes exactly the type of dirty racism that I find to be most offensive.

Really, many of us here aren't anti-china perse.
    I am neither anti or pro-China. To take such a black and white position on a country as complex, diverse and huge and powerful as China...my God man! "many of us here aren't anti-china perse"...you're barely capable of stringing any coherent ideas together in a couple of paragraphs, let alone being in a position to have a opinion that is interesting or worth considering on a 'topic' like China... ROFL. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable talking about football?

But you must be blind to not see there's a good reason china has donated only 100k this time (10% of their previous donation)
    I'll grant you it was for a good or a bad reason. Not sure where you're going with that. I agree, I'm certain there was a reason!

I thought the chinese always cared about "face"? This 100k donation is pathetic, no matter how you look at it. an insult to china themselves.
    No. Just stop now. It's cringeworthy.
    Last edited by Editor; 14-11-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Cleaning up a bit..

Quote Originally Posted by dipstick:
    To INXS, as you are so fond of facts.Why do you think they were looting TVs etc? They have no homes, there is no power. Do you think they were going to sit down and watch the latest soap opera on their spanking new TVs FFS? They looted them in the vain hope they could trade them for food. Get a grip.
    Evidence or it's conjecture. More tiresome conjecture...

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Evidence or it's conjecture. More tiresome conjecture...
    As seen and reported on TV. Of course that could have been made up or staged, but seeing as your evidence was "my helper told me" then I am happy to stand by my evidence.

Why the tiresome? This is not a "trivial" issue for intellectual masturbation but an issue affecting the lives and deaths of many thousands. What prevents you ever admitting you are wrong?

So why did you donate?

Yes we are all guilty but some more than others.

You and INXS are slithering in a disgusting manner.
    No. You are letting your emotion and your already biased view regarding China get in the way of the facts.

1.) You do not know why China chose to donate the amount it has.

2.) The reasons given, for the lower amount donated, on this thread exist only in the minds of the critics. There is no evidence to support your claims. You, and others, are simply ranting like so many shrilly women.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:

Give up pal, you've been destroyed already on this thread
    Nah... Why just because you say so doesn't mean that you are right either? Are you the arbitrator on what is right and wrong on this thread?

Look up the definition of "Donation"

Webster
    1. The act of giving or bestowing; a grant.
    2. That which is given as a present; that which is transferred to another gratuitously; a gift.
    3. (Law) The act or contract by which a person voluntarily transfers the title to a thing of which be is the owner, from himself to another, without any consideration, as a free gift.

Wordnet

Noun 1. donation - a voluntary gift (as of money or service or ideas) made to some worthwhile cause

Where does it state with conditions of it being American or Chinese? As I stated, I done my part whilst you are still whinging on this thread.

No. You are letting your emotion and your already biased view regarding China get in the way of the facts.

2.) The reasons given, for the lower amount donated, on this thread exist only in the minds of the critics. There is no evidence to support your claims. You, and others, are simply ranting like so many shrilly women.

I have no biased view regarding China. Where is your evidence for that statement it exists only in your mind.

It is either political or lacking in humanity, whatever the reason it was misjudged. I fail to see why you can not judge on the actions without knowing the political machinations. Why did the world fail to stop the genocide in Rawanda - I don't the reasons and I don't care. Wrong is wrong.

What prevents you ever admitting you are wrong?
    When I'm wrong, I'm happy to admit it. In this case, I'm right. Agreeing with you would mean two of us are wrong. That doesn't seem very smart does it?

I am desperately trying to understand your logic.

Your arguments have been around not knowing the facts.

We know how much China has donated. We know they could afford more. We know they have donated more in the past.

You then come up with the "tiresome" conjecture that perhaps they are worried about corruption and cite as evidence that your helper told you people are looting TVs.

You then come up with the "tiresome" conjecture that anyone on here criticising China is doing so because of their anti-Chinese bias.

As far as I can see you have come up with nothing else. Please correct me if I am wrong.

And then you have the audacity to accuse others of lacking intelligence and non-evidenced arguments!!!!

No doubt you will now come up with an image which is your sign to say you have lost the argument.

Original Post Deleted
    I don't think I am. I could be, but I don't know the full story. Relations between the Philippines and China are not normal. The two countries are involved in a dispute over territory.

It's not a simple matter of Beijing simply channeling money to the Philippines through normal means. There is a lot going on behind the scenes. Beijing would be criticised if it had offered USD50m...I'm sure. Worse, what if Aquino rejected the offer?

It's not as simple as you guys are making it out to be.

I don't think I am. I could be, but I don't know the full story. Relations between the Philippines and China are not normal. The two countries are involved in a dispute over territory.

It's not a simple matter of Beijing simply channeling money to the Philippines through normal means. There is a lot going on behind the scenes. Beijing would be criticised if it had offered USD50m...I'm sure. Worse, what if Aquino rejected the offer?

It's not as simple as you guys are making it out to be.
    China donated 4.5million to Japan after the earthquake. Relations between those countries are much worse. They are involved in a long running dispute over territory. They were channelled through normal means I assume. What if Japan had rejected the offer? Your conjectures seem to hold no water.

It is not as complicated as you are trying to make it out to be.
    Last edited by dipstick; 13-11-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast