Like Tree194Likes

China donates $100,000 to Philippines

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    It's not the end of the story just because you say it is.

You, and others here are simply wrong.

For me, the language is quite clear. China have made an 'initial' donation of $200,000 including $100,000 from the government and $100,000 from the Chinese red Cross.

'Initial' at least implies to me that there is room for further donations.

The views being expressed here this evening are, frankly speaking, childlike.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:

For me, the language is quite clear. China have made an 'initial' donation of $200,000 including $100,000 from the government and $100,000 from the Chinese red Cross.

And if China increases their donation then I will cheer them on. Frankly speaking, I find your comments childlike. "I am wrong but I am not going to admit it, I will just stamp my feet and throw insults instead of coming up with any logical arguments".

Quote Originally Posted by dipstick:
    And if China increases their donation then I will cheer them on. Frankly speaking, I find your comments childlike. "I am wrong but I am not going to admit it, I will just stamp my feet and throw insults instead of coming up with any logical arguments".
    Who are you quoting?

Are you saying you find my comments childlike and then offering as your evidence for this statement a silly fabricated quote?

I'd probably get more sense from a brush.

Bizarre.

Original Post Deleted
    Is he agreeing with me? What you mean is he is also disagreeing with you. You've got priors for looking red-faced after some serious ill-directed China bashing T.B. which included calling me, "a nasty piece of work". I'd leave it alone if I were you.

Who are you quoting?

Are you saying you find my comments childlike and then offering as your evidence for this statement a silly fabricated quote?

I'd probably get more sense from a brush.

Bizarre.
    If you do not recognise your own behaviour in that ^quote^ then you need to polish up your self-reflection abilities.

You have yet to come up with one logical argument but keep throwing in easily refuted possibilities that you have dreamt up. When these do not work you rely on insults.

I do not like to deflate your ego but your intelligence and debating abilities are way below your own estimation

donation doesn't have to be in cash only. you never know what supplies were sent. give it a few more days... maybe more is coming. even if there is none, it doesn't mean that they won't get enough from other countries. the most import issue here is how to get the donations to the people, not the government.

HKITperson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    donation doesn't have to be in cash only. you never know what supplies were sent. give it a few more days... maybe more is coming. even if there is none, it doesn't mean that they won't get enough from other countries. the most import issue here is how to get the donations to the people, not the government.
    Totally correct.

INXS-there are times you really need to sometimes step away from your computer, and this is one of them.

You are correct, China has made an "initial" donation of $100,000, and the Chinese Red Cross has donated another $100,000.

Let's put these "initial donations" into the context of every other countries"initial donations", the numbers are well known, no need to repeat.

In the context of other nations donations, China's contribution is an absolute disgrace, and I really do not see how anyone can debate otherwise.

To say that you find posters views here childlike for not sharing your views brings your opinion down to the level of the children that you teach.
    kimwy66, reprazent and Dreadnought like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:

Give up pal, you've been destroyed already on this thread
    Another one of those threads where BJITperson China rants totally disintegrate, it's crazy to see he's incapable of even admitting one inch the limited donation is a political thing.

On the previous thread about the HKTV license debacle he first proclaimed he was against the government's decision. When later it transpired the license issue was influenced by China, he said he "doesn't care because he doesn't watch TV anyway". When you press him on about it, he was too afraid to even answer anymore. Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Another one of those threads where BJITperson China rants totally disintegrate, it's crazy to see he's incapable of even admitting one inch the limited donation is a political thing.

On the previous thread about the HKTV license debacle he first proclaimed he was against the government's decision. When later it transpired the license issue was influenced by China, he said he "doesn't care because he doesn't watch TV anyway". When you press him on about it, he was too afraid to even answer anymore. Classic.
    Sorry mate. Looks like you lost any credibility when making snide remarks, name calling and digging up irrelevant information.

I don't admit it's political because I don't know. Do you? Where is the evidence apart from your biased fantasy? It might , it might not be. What other things are happening in the background? In your haste to condemn anything that China does you have already stated a position which may not be factual. Just because others believes it doesn't make your position any more correct than just an interpretation.

I am also arguing from the viewpoint that a donation is considered voluntary and how can anyone be "wrong" in donating? Perhaps you can provide the definition of "Donation"
    Last edited by HKITperson; 13-11-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast