Like Tree194Likes

China donates $100,000 to Philippines

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    On the news over here in Brussels, they had an interview with some dude from the China consulate, who basically said that the reason why the amount of aid given so far was quite small, due to past corruption concerns with the phils govt. Basically china is happy to donate providing the money gets to those that need it, not disappear etc.

Must say that, the coverage of the phils typhoon disaster is getting very comprehensive press over here in Belgium.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app
    at least they are having to defend themselves though it defies logic

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Evidence or it's conjecture. More tiresome conjecture...
    Conjecture about the motives is somewhat pointless as it does not change the outcome of such a minuscule donation...

The Communist Party look churlish.

For a permanent member of the security council this is very disappointing even when the tensions were bad last year the Philippines donated a larger sum to assist relief efforts after the quake in the province of Yunan
    Last edited by East_coast; 14-11-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    I am neither anti or pro-China.
    and who are you trying to fool here? We all know you're married to a mainlander (which is totally fine, really) I get it, but the way you get upset as soon as people mention the words china + mainlander? shows us exactly what kind of pathetic little person you are. calling me racist and whatnot. For real try reading back that shit you were trying to throw at me. even if you don't feel ashamed of it, your students definitely would be.

btw, congrats! you're back on my blacklist, permanantly this time. Tired of you spouting BS.
    Gatts likes this.

So, you're using him marrying a Chinese woman against him to try to prove he's on China's side?
    I think he's just trying to stay - thinking.

But he's right, you sound racist - as with many others here. Think it was just yesterday that some guy in the forum wants Japanese to kill more Chinese and not many voiced out against it.

Then you have that thread where some kid wants to kill Chinese and you have people here defending the TV show.

I think what's unusual about China is that they get smeared so much by the US/UK media but still they decide to stay constructive.

Last edited by Creative83; 14-11-2013 at 01:03 AM.
    HKITperson likes this.

Putting stupid shit like political considerations ahead of humanitarian needs. Yes, sounds about right.

Had the Philippine gummint rejected a Chinese offer of a more generous donation, it would have been a PR coup for the Chinese and a poor reflection on the Philippines. Anyone incapable of seeing this is in need of a refresher course in preschool.

INXS I have shown you the respect of going through all your comments again to see if I can find anything in there:

(I would also suggest you go through the first 10 pages to see how mature your comments are)

> We don't know the value of the humanitarian aid
    - USD 100,000

> I don't know the cash reserves China has
    - considerably more than most countries

> Maybe China aren't confident that cash would be used appropriately
    - Perhaps, but this does not seem to have put off any other country

> Perhaps they plan to give more later
    - Sincerely hope so and if they do I will give them the credit for it (assuming it is not another 100k). If this is the case then this has been a political and PR disaster of their own making.

> "Even my helper says the young men are too busy nicking TVs to get food and water"
    - a disgraceful comment which shows no understanding of the real situation

> Corruption is endemic in the Philippines.
    - Very true, but it is arguably less corrupt than it was when they gave a million before. Certainly no more corrupt. It also did not stop them giving aid in the millions to Pakistan, perhaps one the most corrupt places on earth.

> " None of us have all the facts"
    - True, we all live within bounded rationality. Unfortunately for China the worldwide response to their donation appears to be that people feel they have sufficient salient facts. You are using this argument now, which could be used for any topic, but I notice you do not apply the same rule in other threads.

> "The difference is that I'm not inventing a story..."
    - No you make rational well thought out suggestions, everyone else makes tiresome conjectures. I think any sane person would consider the two to be the same thing.

> " when you try and debate with intellectual lightweights..."
    - No comment needed given some of your comments on this thread

> "You are letting your ... biased view regarding China..."
    - Completely untrue, please give evidence

> "In this case I'm right"; "I don't think I am [wrong]. I could be..."; "You and the others are simply wrong"
    - please make your mind up, are you definitely right or possibly wrong?

> The two countries are involved in a territorial dispute / relations are bad
    - As they are, in spades, with Japan yet they donated millions there

> Philippines might reject the offer
    - ???? Then the Philippines would look really stupid

Let me know if I have missed anything out. Let me know if you would like to challenge any of these arguments.

Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    So, you're using him marrying a Chinese woman against him to try to prove he's on China's side?
    No, I don't have to prove anything, him calling me racist is almost the same as acknowledging he's on china's side. Why else would he be defending china?

Sadly he doesn't have the balls to admit it and now he's even denying it. For a long time we were trying to find out why he was so protective of mainlanders. Along the way I came to the conclusion that he must have had close ties to someone from china. Then another member, or he himself confirmed this was indeed the case. That clarified everything for me. Why else would a gweilo back up china every time it receives "negative" publicity? Always condoning, making excuses or downright denying facts.
    Last edited by reprazent; 14-11-2013 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reprazent:
    No, I don't have to prove anything, him calling me racist is almost the same as acknowledging he's in the pro china camp. Why else would he be defending china?

Sadly he doesn't have the balls to admit it and now he's even denying it. For a long time we were trying to find out why he was so protective of mainlanders. Along the way I came to the conclusion that he must have had close ties to someone from china. Then another member, or he himself confirmed this was indeed the case. That clarified everything for me. Why else would a gweilo back up china every time it receives "negative" publicity? Always condoning, making excuses or downright denying facts.
    It's quite blatantly obvious to me how he came to the conclusion he did here. His thought process were coherent, and even if he is helping China, there are many more who are anti-China. It shouldn't even be a factor in a 2 sided talk. There is no reason why whether you support China or not should even be pointed out.

I was called Pro China myself by DeletedUser and Dreadnought for the longest time. So what?

Mat was called Pro China for the longest time, so what?

China is doing great things around the world. In the next decade, China will lift numerous South Asian neighbors along with itself out of poverty. I don't see why anyone shouldn't support a neutral country that is being constructive around the world.

If you read up on what China's really doing, you'll see large investments throughout the poor countries that would have never had the chance otherwise to lift itself out of poverty.
    Last edited by Creative83; 14-11-2013 at 02:33 AM.
    HKITperson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by reprazent:
    No, I don't have to prove anything, him calling me racist is almost the same as acknowledging he's on china's side. Why else would he be defending china?
    I've kept myself out of this thread so far, but this is just:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Creative was that serious or a spoof? Next you will be saying the British empire was created to bring civilisation to the savages

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast