Like Tree294Likes

Premier League 2013/14 early predictions

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 ... LastLast

Bit weary this morning after forcing myself to stay up and watch the game.

United look a shadow of the team they used to be. Seems like they have lost all confidence and don't believe they can win. Januzaj and Valencia had decent matches but the rest were outplayed.
    Jones looked all at sea in front of the back 4. United desperately need RVP and Rooney back if they are to get anything out of this season. Another good performance by Hazard who must be one of the favorites for player of the season so far.

Interesting about Tottenham that they finally dropped Soldado to the bench and didn't even use him as a sub.
    With Adebayor getting two (and should have had a hat trick), Soldado could be on the bench for a while longer.

Tom007 likes this.

Ok guys what's next? ManU 14 points adrift and even the 4th place in real danger.

Liverpool looking a strong case to finish 4th. Although Everton right in there.
    Spurs looked unlikely a month ago to have a chance, but their revival under Sherwood making them look like a different team - able to score goals now.

United need to ship Moyes off before its too late. He's like a virus that needs to be removed, before it spreads to the rest of the body.

It is hard to say who will win the league out of the current top 3. Man city have the goals, Chelsea the ability to grind results out, and Arsenal seem to be finding a new level of consistency. If they can get another striker this Jan it'll go to the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by mlclau:
    United need to ship Moyes off before its too late. He's like a virus that needs to be removed, before it spreads to the rest of the body.
    Who else is there at the moment? Besides you really do need to give him some time. Sir Alex didnt do that well in his first season.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    It is hard to say who will win the league out of the current top 3. Man city have the goals, Chelsea the ability to grind results out, and Arsenal seem to be finding a new level of consistency. If they can get another striker this Jan it'll go to the wire.
    I reckon it will be between Man city and Chelsea. It will come down to how they do head to head. Don't know why and the bookies agree but just cant see the gooners doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I reckon it will be between Man city and Chelsea. It will come down to how they do head to head. Don't know why and the bookies agree but just cant see the gooners doing it.
    Possibly because as hard as he works, giroud just has a habit of looking terrible at times. They need more up front!

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I am hoping the bookies have it wrong but still have my reservations about Arsenal being able to keep it going.
    Still 16 games to go and 48 points up for grabs.
    Arsenal have been much better this season than in recent history on picking up the 3 points from games they should win.

There are 2 blocks where they have a run of games which will decide their season.
    First one coming up in a couple of weeks with liverpool away, United at home, then Bayern in the CL.

Then in mid march to april, they got back to back spurs away, chelsea away, city at home and everton away.

If they come away at the end of that still at/near the top, then they would be strong shouts at the title. Their last 5 games are "should" wins.

Well if my team can't do it I would prefer Arsenal anytime over city. Also good on the supporters for sticking with their manager even though he got no silverware for 8 years. Wish other clubs, including my own would take a leaf out of Arsenals book.

Tom007 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 ... LastLast