Like Tree113Likes

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    Again slightly off topic, but there should be some sort of 'likeness' competition... (I do apologize to Dobby as well as Gollum)

The left fella isn't handsome at all
    elle likes this.

You can always count on the Americans for an over-reaction

Expression translation: I'm gonna win! WTF, the judging waz rigged!
    bibbju likes this.

With all due respect, does anyone know of a bar or restaurant in Hong Kong that will be showing the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics?

I understand it is on TVB and that NOW Broadband charges 148 a month for 12 months, but if you want to watch it in a bar or restaurant, is that possible at all? I do not know of anywhere and thought that was the subject of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:

You can always count on the Americans for an over-reaction

Expression translation: I'm gonna win! WTF, the judging waz rigged!
    Yeah, and I'm sure the Brits always behave appropriately whatever the occasion, stiff-upper-limit being their national expression...

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Yeah, and I'm sure the Brits always behave appropriately whatever the occasion, stiff-upper-limit being their national expression...
    Infact, yes : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7843154.stm

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    That is like from over 100 years ago. We are a bunch of PC hooligans now. Do you think INXS or TB would be going to the back to have a cigar and don their dinner jacket?
    Can't see it myself.
    kimwy66 and Watercooler like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan.lo:
    Through Now TV, you can get 6 dedicated Olympics channels, via the TVB Network Vision channels package. I'm tempted to subscribe, but the Olympics are only two and a half weeks, and you have to subscribe to TVB Network Vision package for TWO YEARS, at $148 a month. That comes out to $3552 total.

I'm not at all interested in the other TVB Network Vision channels and therefore can't justify getting the channel.
    It's crazy you have to sign up for the multi channel package and a multi year contract!
    Anyone find a web streaming site that works in hk?

TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE

Not bad start for Canada, let's keep this rolling! As well, any fellow Canucks or anyone able to figure out CBC.ca to watch the highlights/stream from there?

In 2010 we watched the games at champs sports bar in wan chai, really fun location and great atmosphere

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

I am really not getting the Olympic buzz this time around.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast