Like Tree80Likes

Your bike pics

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

This was a great little bike for exploring the New Territories. Still miss it after nine years.

scrambler likes this.

Isn't that the only way to get 'better' scrambler?

cwb: And a Saab!

Quote Originally Posted by Akael:

cwb: And a Saab!
    Rather embarrassing I know, but i had to get something to keep wife happy after she point blank refused to get on the bike again. Something to do with helmets messing up her hair and making it greasy.

well depends? you improve ridin technique then can go faster - goin faster than your technique experience allows = disaster..

always look where u wanna go! pick correct line - ( and safe ) line - adjust body postion as u go into corner... ( different bikes require slightly different positions )

but I find in general - weightin the out side of the bike - helps

this means - u put weight on the right hand side handle bar - and right side foot peg - lean head towards the left side mirror to take a Left hand corner...

this allows the bike to be slightly more upright for the speed u are goin.

there are many tutorials better than that I am sure! ( I am also sure I dont always do that! but if I am ridin in the wet I do! )

find a good road - with some corners and ride up an down it - u will find you can improve with practice especially if u ride the same road over an over..

do be careful tho! especially on corner u cant see round

Been practicing near Shek O, I think my main issue is slowing down a bit too much for the corner, as the large mountain that runs alongside it makes me a bit nervous!

Would your suggestion with the weight not make turning harder due to counteracting the lean of the bike? Thought the more weight hanging off the inside of the turn the better?

cwb: should've lined the helmet with conditioner

well depends on your tires maybe? you are pushin down on the outer side - keeps bike slightly more up right - *but* also puts pressure thru the bike - an onto the *inside* of the tires to increase traction.. - and you are leaning to the inside - to 'swing' the bike around... ( thats the move your head towards the inside mirror )

some poeple but their whole body hanging off the inside of the bike.. ( knee down ) but they are actually supportin themselves with the outside arm an leg.

my road suggestion is the road jus past clearwater bay beach #2 - wide clear roads - low traffic. great curves

Akael likes this.

Thanks for the tip, never been there! Glad to hear of another good road in HK, that makes 4...

Quote Originally Posted by Akael:
    Thanks for the tip, never been there! Glad to hear of another good road in HK, that makes 4...
    Tai O Mun Road, many bikers will gather at the Clear Water Second Beach Car Park at nights and take turns driving to clear water bay golf club entrance, back and forth.

At the entrance of the golf club there is a road going left, if you take that at the bottom is Po Toi O village, 3-4 Sea Food Restaurants which are very good if you fancy after a good ride.

http://goo.gl/maps/dZshN
    Last edited by wtbhotia; 18-02-2014 at 11:24 AM.
    scrambler likes this.

razor clams in what ever sauce - salt n peppa squid.... yeung shou (?) fried rice

i dont/cant do week end rides... but might be tempted by a mid week day time one

Sounds great! I'm still abstaining from group rides due to my probation period, don't want to risk anything until it's over! After that though absolutely.

Having a look at the best biking roads website again, I notice a couple more have been added, one way up in the NT. Looks interesting. I've never been up Kowloon Peak, surprised you can actually drive up there, google street view shows some nice scenery. I was scouring the map for something interesting and it looks like this could be nice. At the very end there's a narrow path that seems to wind its way up Castle Peak. Street view shows no signs suggesting you can't ride up it, anyone tried? Might go exploring there soon. Here's a pic from a nearby spot just up the path.

Btw I tried going the south way, through Tuen Mun and through the landfill. Wouldn't recommend it, all the trucks and crap on the floor = your bike gets coated in crap.

Edit: wait a sec, is that the dirt bike place?

Last edited by Akael; 18-02-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast