Like Tree113Likes

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by biffski:
    You can watch it legally with a free subscription on NBC via ustvnow.com.
    You've asserted this before and been directed to the Hong Kong copyright ordinance that you are breaking.

The US women played a great 56 1/2 minutes to lead 2-0, but the Canadian women's late charge takes this game to OT. Full 20-minute period, four skaters aside. If no Golden Goal, game will be decided by a shootout.

DRAMA

Last edited by huja; 21-02-2014 at 03:39 AM.
    Tom007 likes this.

And the Canadian women comeback to win. Some dubious officiating in OT. This game will be talked about for a long time. And by long time, I mean until the men play in 14 hours. Then forgotten until the story is rekindled in 2018.

Watercooler and Tom007 like this.

To be honest, after watching the superbowl at Traf...regardless the game was a yawn fest...sports bar atmosphere here (or lack thereof) will see me comfortably on my sofa tomorrow morning :-)

And well done Canadian women, following up on the earlier Can. womens curling gold!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app

best hockey comment i've read after last night:

"Let's hope the Canadian men play like girls…"

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    And the Canadian women comeback to win. Some dubious officiating in OT. This game will be talked about for a long time. And by long time, I mean until the men play in 14 hours. Then forgotten until the story is rekindled in 2018.
    Well whether people will forget it in 14 hours or not, that women gold is high-class hockey, people.

So I walked around a bit in Wan Chai looking for a place. Found one! The Dog House will play the game. The only thing is I think it's an American Bar. Would be fun if we crowded it with Canadians! XD

Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rawutravel:
    So I walked around a bit in Wan Chai looking for a place. Found one! The Dog House will play the game. The only thing is I think it's an American Bar. Would be fun if we crowded it with Canadians! XD
    East side tavern is a real hockey bar with jerseys and memorablilia. Watched the quarter final there

Call me superstitious, but in 2002, when Canada beat Finland 2-1 in the quarter finals, we went on to win it.

This year we beat Finland 2-1 as well and also had a 2-1 quarter final win...

Quote Originally Posted by babylonzoo:
    East side tavern is a real hockey bar with jerseys and memorablilia. Watched the quarter final there
    Apparently it's fully booked but allows walk-ins for standing. I still may go to The Dog House since I live on the island and cheer against the Americans there. [=

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast