Like Tree4Likes

Any Self Car Wash Sai Kung/Clearwater Bay

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any Self Car Wash Sai Kung/Clearwater Bay

Hi,

Just moved to HK(Sai Kung)and I was wondering if there were any places to wash my car on my own. I don't want to walk 150m with 2 buckets of water or pay 200 for Wilson's to do it. Is there anywhere I can do it on my own without worrying about person or car wash tunnel scratching it?

Appreciate any advice fellow car owners.

drive your bucket to clearwater beach #2 = there's a pubic toilet there u can get water out of.....

u wont be alone doin this..

I saw a ss car wash in Wanchai, somewhere near the police station on Jaffee Rd. I think it was.

BTW, I see people (FDM to be precise) washing the masters car(s) EVERY day. Really, EVERY DAY. Even when it rains. It's one of those HK WTF things....

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I saw a ss car wash in Wanchai, somewhere near the police station on Jaffee Rd. I think it was.

BTW, I see people (FDM to be precise) washing the masters car(s) EVERY day. Really, EVERY DAY. Even when it rains. It's one of those HK WTF things....
    Yeah...In our village there is a Ford Focus, about a 2002 model that gets the full wash every day...let the girl chill FFS...

I think washing your car once a week with soap and water, unless birds have identified it as their personal toilet, or lot of mud/dust on it, is sufficient. Once in 6 months or even 1 year, a proper cleaning, waxing, polishing will keep your car looking lovely always.

Anyway, OP, no I don't think there is a self car wash in sai kung/clearwaterbay road. Though I have seen people wash their car just before razor hill turn if you are going towards choi hung, on a passing place on clearwater bay road, as there's a public water tap available.

those idiots pi$$ me off - shimmying pas their cars their butts stickin out into the highway as other vehicles whizz by at 85kph///

dangerous..

its not a tap BTW - its spring water..

wtbhotia and Titus like this.

find a public toilet by a road which has access to a car park or nearby parking space, buy a bucket and take water from the taps inside or park your car infront of my house and I'll let you use my hose for a six pack of Budweiser

I never washed my car there, so couldn't really tell if it was a tap or sprinkler..

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    find a public toilet by a road which has access to a car park or nearby parking space, buy a bucket and take water from the taps inside or park your car infront of my house and I'll let you use my hose for a six pack of Budweiser
    At that price there is going to be a long queue to your door come the weekend.
    wtbhotia likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast