Like Tree86Likes

GUILTY! (jay walking court summons )

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

GUILTY! (jay walking court summons )

helper got done Jay walking - she sent in a letter I typed for her stating case - pleading for mercy but guilty of 'offence'.. ( no she didnt thank me - well not exactly...............)

anyways - no acknowledgement that the letter was recieved.. she's due in court toorrow - but it does say u can plead guilty by post.,,

does she need to go?

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    helper got done Jay walking - she sent in a letter I typed for her stating case - pleading for mercy but guilty of 'offence'.. ( no she didnt thank me - well not exactly...............)

anyways - no acknowledgement that the letter was recieved.. she's due in court toorrow - but it does say u can plead guilty by post.,,

does she need to go?
    If they won't have her guilty plea by post before the court appearance, then she needs to go or she'll be considered a no-show. Maybe best to give the court a ring and explain the timing issue.

Btw a friend was fined $1500 for jaywalking (he pleaded guilty by post).

I'd be interested to know why jaywalking is a crime here. It isn't in the UK, right? (I'm having deja vu on this now - did I ask this question before?)

bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    I'd be interested to know why jaywalking is a crime here. It isn't in the UK, right? (I'm having deja vu on this now - did I ask this question before?)
    coz it bloody holds up traffic

A friend got busted. pleaded guilty by post. was fined 200HKD.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    coz it bloody holds up traffic
    Thanks for your detailed response although I think it answers a question no one asked - certainly not the question I asked.
    bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Def not a crime in the UK. I assume it's a crime in HK as it would be too dangerous for HKers to cross the road without being told when and where as they wouldn't look up from their phones for long enough to be safe!

It's interesting because most other (all?) traffic laws are taken from the UK - certainly all the driving laws and (I believe) cycling laws. Just wondered why the pedestrian traffic laws follow America.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    If they won't have her guilty plea by post before the court appearance, then she needs to go or she'll be considered a no-show. Maybe best to give the court a ring and explain the timing issue.

Btw a friend was fined $1500 for jaywalking (he pleaded guilty by post).
    wow 1500 is a sting!

she sent letter on 13th march. court is supposed to be 2mrrw ( 3rd april )

is long enough? would they respond?

Of course they would respond. Call and check if she needs to go, she shouldn't just not turn up.

kimwy66 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast