HSBC money disappear and reappear

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

HSBC money disappear and reappear

This is something i noticed happening on my account quiet a few times i lose or gain unexplained sums of money between 500-5500HKD and it usually returns within the same day, 3 days ago i unexpectedly had 5500HKD extra just to notice that 2 days later on 20.000HKD was gone.
    Tried to call the "hotline" (probably got the name after the customers temper once getting through the 2hours wait) to no avail, i hung up after hearing all lines are busy for the past 30min or so.

Now im just curious if anyone else have had this experience, it only shows up on my internet banking transactions page, but not on my ATM transaction view.

Anyone have any idea what this is?
    Perhaps HSBC is doing money laundering through my account? :P

I had something similar happen on my UK bank account a while ago. Can't remember what the answer finally was, but it happened overnight so I only really noticed it because of the time difference. It was actually quite fun to watch, I went up by several thousand pounds one minute but unfortunately it all disappeared the next. I remember they said it would not affect anything and I would not have been able to withdraw any of the money unfortunately and it was a one off.

So what is the description of the transactions on your internet banking page?

money always 'dissapears' from my account...

Quote Originally Posted by DanielandHayley:
    money always 'dissapears' from my account...
    Me too i ask my bank about it they say it's normal it's call a WIFE, and they told me i can get ride of it but it ll be even more expensive .

The value of your account is expressed in HKD. If you have other currencies, then the total value of your account will vary. This might be it?

Because of this my bankaccount with HSBC changes pretty much every day.

PDLM well since the info only covers the last 10days just can see two of the descriptions of the 10-20 times this has happened.

When they took back the 5500 last time that they added, and sadly didn't let me keep it said: NET BACK ITEMS

And when they paid back my money they removed it said: REMIT.

And my currency is in HKD.

sounds very much like someone decided to use your account for money laundering.

is
    1. your name very easy to be misused
    2. your name starts with ZZarbg or AAbced ?

1. Not sure what makes a name easy to be misused
    2. Nope not even close....does.....anyone's?

Not even sure why ZZarbg or AAbced would make any difference?
    Some string value or something? something like:

Hi my name is: (drop table "users") anderson
    (not written in proper code just an example) and that's what caused it?
    Or am i way off now?..please educate me

I had this happen to me on my Barclays UK account a few years ago. I happened to be doing a few transactions in the early hours and i noticed that several thousand pounds was suddenly not showing up via the online banking page. I telephoned the 24hr helpline and was told by a very nice lady ( clearly not expecting anyone to be calling at about 2am..ha ha) that it is quite normal. Sometimes they make a transaction and then remove it in order to 'test' accounts for security/validity or something like that. She also explained that they usually do it during the night as they don't expect people to be accessing their accounts during that time. Hence, normally you never notice it happening.

Having said that, i would agree that if you see money appearing and disappearing on your account frequently, it does look suspicious, the bank should have a fraud department who can investigate the who,how,where and why.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast