Whats the chances of an Aussie girl meeting a nice expat...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shilo507:
    Well, yes. I am divorced and in my mid 40s and can see no viable reason to settle with one girl when there are so many gorgeous 20 somethings wanting marriage. .
    No offense here but let's have the same discussion in say 5 or 8 years once you have passed the 50/55 Y old barrier....we will see whether 20 something still want you that much...

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    No offense here but let's have the same discussion in say 5 or 8 years once you have passed the 50/55 Y old barrier....we will see whether 20 something still want you that much...
    Judging by the number of guys in their 50's and 60's with young filipino and thai gf's in tow in HK I'm sure Shilo should be o.k.

Shilo, Wouldn't you prefer somebody more mature and nearer your age who could be your soulmate as opposed to some 20 something gf who you probably couldn't hold a deep and meaningful conversation with?

Quote Originally Posted by emmie:
    This and other lines - also from Muse07 - wins COD...

CHUCKLE-of-the-Day
    What, not cash on delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by muse07:
    I've met a number of guys in their mid to late forties here who are fit, intelligent and obviously good looking in their day and have had fun playing the field (the time for which is definitely extended here in HK) but getting just too old for some of the younger discerning gals.. Not that I am ageist, but just an observation..
    Not that I like to quote myself, but I should add that these guys I think were looking for a serious relp... but looked like they had perhaps played the field too long. For guys that are not looking for a serious relp and don't mind hanging with much younger girls who probably value your money or Westernness more than anything else (or turn a blind eye to this), that you can probably do so until you are about 70!
    Last edited by muse07; 21-11-2008 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    ... who could be your soulmate as opposed to some 20 something gf who you probably couldn't hold a deep and meaningful conversation with?
    "Deep and meaningful conversation"... why Jimbo!

You're a "romantic"...

As time passes... ain't sooo DEEP, but still lotsa soul.

Quote Originally Posted by muse07:
    What, not cash on delivery?
    Double entendre, intended.

After all, most on here are SHARP

Just to throw a spanner in the works, check this out, apparently written by a girl in Shanghai (granted, not HK but this is the type of mentality you might be interested in being aware of). Comments are interesting too. Some bits in particular had me completely aghast. NB pls don't think this is representative of Asian women.

‘China Does Not Have Any Men Suitable For Me’ | chinaSMACK

Last edited by muse07; 21-11-2008 at 02:47 PM.

aiyah. I think this was just written to stir up attention. I mean, talking about how refined western man _who eat at McDonalds_ are...... wtf??

A few years ago there was a blog in Singapore.... sarongpartygirl at somewhere. Forgotten, has been inert for many years. SPG is the phrase they use down there for girls who try to hook up western guys. Wrote about why she was only looking for western guys, was a good read (if you keep in mind that you aren't the superhero all western guys were in her words...). This here is just utter nonsense.

Hey - less of the Shilo bashing. It works for me right now. After an extremely painful marital separation and bitter divorce I have no intention to remarry or settle down just yet so the HK lifestyle suits me fine at the moment.

Not quite sure I understand the comment about not being able to show off a young 20 something in public. Why ever not?

As for deep and meaningful conversations why not? Surely that depends on the two people concerned more than anything else. As I was previously married to a south-east Asian woman for 15 years with a reasonable command of the language and culture I probably have more in common with that culture than most. Needless to say, if I did choose to remarry it would probably be with another south-east Asian girl.

Therefore, on balance, I'd say that HK (or surrounding countries) is a good place for me to find wife #2 (should I decide to do so). In the meantime, I'll just take it easy and see no reason 'to get a move on' and grab a 20 something (or even a veteran in her early 30s) while I can.

Quote Originally Posted by shilo507:
    Hey - less of the Shilo bashing. It works for me right now. After an extremely painful marital separation and bitter divorce I have no intention to remarry or settle down just yet so the HK lifestyle suits me fine at the moment.
    Therefore, on balance, I'd say that HK (or surrounding countries) is a good place for me to find wife #2 (should I decide to do so). In the meantime, I'll just take it easy and see no reason 'to get a move on' and grab a 20 something (or even a veteran in her early 30s) while I can.
    Okeys.. fairy nuf.. we all might to play once in a while. HK is oft-quoted as a playground for adults - which is all very well and good, but I don't know if it brings out the best in people!

'Veteran in her early 30s'!? Now you're lookin for trouble! Speaking of.. I have a number of female friends in their late 30s and also in their 40s who don't seem to have any problem being able to hook up with guys in their 20s.. Gals can be pretty hot in their 30s etc IMO...Guess it can go 'both ways' sometimes, but this does not seem to be by choice - more a result of how things seem to pan out here with availability

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast