Like Tree55Likes

what's going on with the dating or making new friends in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Colonial thinking...white people ruled HK until very recently. If these girls were thinking long-term they'd be looking north of the border instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    1 Some, yes

2 Some, yes
    I look forward to your next book:-

My Experiences of Hunting The Hong Kong Cougar by The Grunt.
    elle, LitaFox and GeoSteve like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    I look forward to your next book:-

My Experiences of Hunting The Hong Kong Cougar by The Grunt.
    To be a cougar doesn't the man have to be considerably younger than the woman?
    drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JaniceC:
    he cannot understand why HK women love white guys so much.
    I don't know.
    As a white guy, I'm having an hard time to hook up with local Chinese girls here in hk.

Please consider I'm 31 so we are talking on a target of 22-30.

How can I approach a girl without looking like a rapist?
    Also would it look like weird If I come to a girl in Starbucks or Pacific Coffee and say "Hi, What's your name?"

Men who hooked up with locals are very welcome to share their experience.
    Last edited by alfeno; 29-04-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfeno:
    I don't know.
    As a white guy, I'm having an hard time to hook up with local Chinese girls here in hk.

Please consider I'm 31 so we are talking on a target of 22-30.

How can I approach a girl without looking like a rapist?
    Also would it look like weird If I come to a girl in Starbucks or Pacific Coffee and say "Hi, What's your name?"

Men who hooked up with locals are very welcome to share their experience.
    You must be doing it wrong, or going to the wrong places.

And personally, I would think it weird having a guy come up and try and chat up someone in a coffee shop. Different generation though, so maybe it's acceptable these days?

Have you tried internet dating? Geo do it here http://personals.geoexpat.com/welcome/

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    I would think it weird having a guy come up and try and chat up someone in a coffee shop.
    Why, if you are taking your coffee and you see a girl seating there, and suddenly your mind starts to fly and thinking on how you would be happy to hang out with her, that only the sight of her makes your shitty coffee taste sweeter, and the cloudy day becoming a sunny morning?
    Also why should sound weird if you want to start an innocent conversation with a stranger?

Online dating is awful for some reasons.
    Male competition is fierce to say the least.
    Each of these girls is receiving like 20 or 30 messages per day from guys ranging from super-fit muscle to investment banking manager wannabees.
    Some of the girls on online websites are there just to receive the messages to fulfill their ego.
    I have had an account on OKCupid and didn't seem to work.

So where should I hang out?
    Last edited by alfeno; 29-04-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfeno:
    Why, if you are taking your coffee and you see a girl seating there, and suddenly your mind starts to fly and thinking on how you would be happy to hang out with her, that only the sight of her makes your shitty coffee taste sweeter, and the cloudy day becoming a sunny morning?
    Also why should sound weird if you want to start an innocent conversation with a stranger?
    Because you'll come across as a creep. And don't pretend it's an innocent conversation when it's clearly not. Is that why you go for younger women? Because you hope they'll fall for this rubbish?

usehername, kimwy66, jgl and 2 others like this.

If you want to date local girls in their 20s you should be in places like Beijing and Billion.

It's creepy that you're prowling coffee shops looking for a hookup because that's not (generally) what women are looking for in that setting. If you're looking to hookup, head to LKF and buy some overpriced drinks for any one of the scantily clad local girls.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Lol, I'm 31, I didn't know that would made be old or creepy. I clearly don't look 31 but anyway let's say target 25-30??? Or I don't know how it works here, should I aim for older women?
    Sorry if I sounded like a pedo.

And when I told start a conversation I really meant it, not involving anything "sexual".

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast