Like Tree3Likes

Joint phone plans for smartphone + tablet

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hi,

I'm moving to HK in a couple of months and am interested in getting a new smartphone and tablet. Probably a combination of iPhone/iPad or Galaxy S5/Tab.

Does anyone know if there are any providers that offer a combination call / data plan and discounts for buying both together? There is something similar where I am now but I'm not sure if it exists in other countries.

Also, what sort of monthly cost would you expect for these two items? Any recommendations? I very rarely call and use them both for the internet more than anything else.

Thanks

Csl 1010 do one.
    Check there website for further details

looseleaf likes this.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Can anyone recommend the best networks for coverage and reliability as well?

You can check here as well:

http://one2free.hkcsl.com/jsp/servic...n/overview.jsp

Coverage varies by area, generally Smartone are considered pretty good (I'm using them now). I've had bad experiences with 3 so would avoid them.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Last edited by jmbf; 11-05-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    looseleaf likes this.

I see that I can get a second sim card for data only with China Mobile, maybe I can use that instead of a separate data plan for my tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by looseleaf:
    I see that I can get a second sim card for data only with China Mobile, maybe I can use that instead of a separate data plan for my tablet.
    Check the link I sent, that bundle provides 3 SIM cards, 1 primary for voice and data and up to 2 secondary data cards.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Thanks. I think I would only need 2 and the China Mobile one seems cheaper, even without the special offer on *selected handsets. https://www.hk.chinamobile.com/en/se...G3G/4gpro.html

Does anyone know about the cost of handsets when you sign up for a contract? Do you need to pay for the cost of the phone straight up or do you pay for it over the length of the contract? (Don't want to have to spend another 8-10k in my first month!)

This will give you an idea : http://www.smartone.com/en/mobile_an...e/#!price-plan

The amount you pay upfront for your phone will depend on which price plan you choose. Typically the more expensive the monthly cost, the less you will pay upfront for the phone. But watch out, check out the costs carefully!

looseleaf likes this.

Cheers, that's good to know. These phone companies are usually pretty cheeky and it's hard to know the actual price until you go in and ask them. Even then they'll try to trick you into other stuff

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast