Mumbai Terrorist Attacks

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    yes. violence vs violence brings nothing more
    Although we seem to agree on the issue, I still think this is not the real reason. Violence against violence can be required, i.e. I'd call the military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan "violence", and they seem to be pretty necessary.

The willingness some people show to torture innocent people (yes. they are innocent. If they were found guilty of anything it would be called corporal punishment. And if even if you knew that someone comitted a crime it still doesn't mean he definitively has the information you wanna squeeze out of him) is disgusting and I really really hope such people never get to the point where they would actually have the chance to apply such measures.
    Last edited by er2; 27-11-2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: tyop

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    Maybe we should waterboard you a little - who knows if you aren't the mastermind?
    You're welcome to try if you think you can.

Sometimes....it's as clear as black & white as to who knows information.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielandHayley:
    Apart from the obvious humanitarian reasons why torture in any form is unacceptable, it is well proven to be unreliable and thus ineffective in obtaining information as the subject will say anything, including 'confessing' to acts of which he or she has never committed in order to stop the torture.

The sooner the US starts complying with the Geneva Convention the better...
    Torture is only ineffective and unreliable when its done by incompetent twats! Soviet/Russian intelligence and police (and current China intelligence) get their information pretty damn effectively.

GENEVA Convention is for pussies! There I said it! You damn hippies can red ball me all you like. War on terror is NOT a conventional war and it will never be won by following Geneva conventions (or rules).

In fact, WARS should have no rules.....because they are wars! WARS are irrational, stupid and showcase the lack of mental evolution within human race.

WARS should be so bloody and horrifying that people will be afraid of the word...not just the concept. Only then will you teach this stupid herd not to get involved in them.

As far as extremists are concerned, they can only be dealt with in extreme ways....you just have to have the balls to do it and not feature it as a Sunday night special on CNN.

Fine. What about suspected extremists? What do you propose to do about the ones about whom your suspicions prove to be wrong but who by that point are crippled for life? Is that just tough luck?

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:

Sometimes....it's as clear as black & white as to who knows information.

Torture is only ineffective and unreliable when its done by incompetent twats! Soviet/Russian intelligence and police (and current China intelligence) get their information pretty damn effectively.

GENEVA Convention is for pussies! There I said it! You damn hippies can red ball me all you like. War on terror is NOT a conventional war and it will never be won by following Geneva conventions (or rules).

In fact, WARS should have no rules.....because they are wars! WARS are irrational, stupid and showcase the lack of mental evolution within human race.

WARS should be so bloody and horrifying that people will be afraid of the word...not just the concept. Only then will you teach this stupid herd not to get involved in them.

As far as extremists are concerned, they can only be dealt with in extreme ways....you just have to have the balls to do it and not feature it as a Sunday night special on CNN.

You must be American.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielandHayley:
    You must be American.
    And proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Fine. What about suspected extremists? What do you propose to do about the ones about whom your suspicions prove to be wrong but who by that point are crippled for life? Is that just tough luck?
    Collateral damage is a sad but unavoidable reality of wars. Tough shit.

Sometimes its just as bad to be in the wrong place at the wrong time....as in having a dinner in Oberoi hotel..

Agree that violence is not right but after so many innocent people dying makes u wonder why not. Give those bas***ds taste of their own medecine. My family lives in Cuffe parade we can see both Taj and Oberoi from our windows. Huge bang last nite but all family is safe.

Did u see the pics of the two guys they caught/killed. They were barely in their 20's so young and so misguided in the name of religion. Deccan Mujahedeen claim the acts but this is a new organization probably a name change of Lakshar ( Some pakistan or Bangladesh based organization)

Says all, I guess. Someone speaking who is just damn sure that by luck of his birth he will never have to be mistaken for a suspect and end up as a helpless victim.

Effective in terms of getting their information, yes. Who cares about collateral...

Collateral damage is a sad but unavoidable reality of wars. Tough shit.
    Oh dear. There's nothing more I can usefully say to you I'm afraid. I just hope you are never in any position of power of any sort. You are clearly unfit for it.

So many problems with this. First who defines who is an extremist? At the moment that appears to be America sometimes in combination with corrupt or oppressive politicians who base their decisions on self-interest. Secondly it just drives more people into the ranks of the "extremists" and can be counter-productive.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast