Like Tree868Likes

2014 FiFA Worldcup Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:

Porto Alegre 11C!
    damn, almost 20C difference from other major cities?

ugh, the opening ceremony starts at midnight, but the game at 4AM?

Eh why was my post deleted.

Pretty much anything even closely related to Watercooler's original post yesterday, or quoting anything from him was deleted ...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Pretty much anything even closely related to Watercooler's original post yesterday, or quoting anything from him was deleted ...
    Fair enough but his post i was replying to was back on topic.

Nevermind.
    Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Fair enough but his post i was replying to was back on topic.

Nevermind.
    Legitimate question, I want to know what you said. On a serious note, I do want to know why England can't win at the World Cup for so long. Like I said, players like Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard are highly talented folks, yet they can't seem to play as well on the national team as opposed to their club teams. Maybe because throwing together a bunch of talented stars doesn't automatically translate into a winning team? Because they have to play like a team, and I suspect the English team hasn't been playing as a team that would maximize their respective strengths?

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Legitimate question, I want to know what you said. On a serious note, I do want to know why England can't win at the World Cup for so long. Like I said, players like Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard are highly talented folks, yet they can't seem to play as well on the national team as opposed to their club teams. Maybe because throwing together a bunch of talented stars doesn't automatically translate into a winning team? Because they have to play like a team, and I suspect the English team hasn't been playing as a team that would maximize their respective strengths?
    I said that Lampard and Gerrard won't be playing in the same team and that we have a more dynamic squad this time around, younger than previous tournaments, and one which may surprise a few teams in the inhospitable climates, especially an ageing italian squad.
    Watercooler likes this.

I said that Lampard and Gerrard won't be playing in the same team and that we have a more dynamic squad this time around, younger than previous tournaments, and one which may surprise a few teams in the inhospitable climates, especially an ageing italian squad.
    We will know whether that is true soon enough, hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    We will know whether that is true soon enough, hehehe...
    You could see it from the friendly with Ecuador, it's a shame Oxlade Chamberlain picked up a knock but he and Barkley were outstanding.

FYI those who are looking to stream UnoTelly has a useful link of all the online sources that work through its service:

https://worldcup.unotelly.com/#

I'm sure the other DNS / VPN services will also have similar links / information.

If you do decide to sign up via UnoTelly, I do have a referral link, so do PM me.

However it seems they will let you try their service for free during the World Cup:

http://www.unotelly.com/blog/2014/06...free/#more-792

Obviously streaming quality, etc will vary depending on your internet connection.

imparanoic likes this.

You could see it from the friendly with Ecuador, it's a shame Oxlade Chamberlain picked up a knock but he and Barkley were outstanding.
    Perhaps, he's good at Arsenal, but at the world cup...I'll wait and see. That is only a friendly after all, let's see if they can play like that at the actual World Cup...
    Last edited by Watercooler; 10-06-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast