Mumbai Terrorist Attacks

Closed Thread
Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    I have also never offered "proof" of the effectiveness of torture.
    Thank you very much.

anyway let me put what i am trying to say in perspective.

no, i am not someone who's saddist enough to ask for torturing of people, but remember, it is but one mean in intelligence gathering (was just chatting with some anti-terrorist agency friends over an embassy dinner, and no I did not ask them if they carry out torturing).

what i did not like are:
    - people who are totally at the sideline starting to say that this is right this is wrong
    - and their message, in turn, handcuff the people working on the ground (i.e. the soldiers, the anti-terrorists)... these are the guys that are risking their life to try to protect the rest of us, and yet some of the civilians in the comfort of their sitting room armchair are trying to impose as much as they can to handcuff the operation of the soldiers.

so if someone can give me a complete solution that eliminates torture altogether and yet, solve short term needs of securities and protection, yes please, suggest it to the governments of the world.

if you can't, don't just be the armchair hero. alternatively you can offer to join the anti-terrorist camp be a soldier and fight for the rights of suspects.. then I would respect your decision and let you have your call and say.

if anyone is interested to do that i can try to tie you up with my friends.

Freeier, you're the kind black or white it seems...

As I recall, nobody said that we needed to "handcuff people on the ground".

i'm as gray as I can be, so watever that are imposed on the safety enforcement people that are risking their life to protect the civilians are handcuffs...

since u always insisted in examples, please give yours...

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    whatever that are imposed on the safety enforcement people that are risking their life to protect the civilians are handcuffs...
    This is the same thing as giving them total impunity / total freedom (no accountability)....well I do not thing we should.
    Else it means the Abu Graib kind of situation (remember those nice naked pictures?) is acceptable. Since they are military trying to protect us they can do anything they want....heck..do you really want that???

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    i'm as gray as I can be, so watever that are imposed on the safety enforcement people that are risking their life to protect the civilians are handcuffs...

since u always insisted in examples, please give yours...
    What you miss for a guy who is allegedly military trained is the fact that as torture is a crime in the USA for example and that these torturous acts done in the field as you say are often later reviewed and the perpetrators are often subsequently charged either criminally or in in courts martial. They don't always manage to get off without either major sanctions or their names being dragged through these proceedings later when they hit civilian street.

You allude to Afghanistan at times in posts but you neglect to acknowledge that forces like the Canadians there are trying to build relationships with the tribesmen there not to do despicable acts to the locals. The Americans are doing the aerial attacks killing everyone in houses where they believe the bad guys to be but the troops on the ground are doing as much friend building as they can. The Canadians there purport to be rebuilding and opening hospitals. Torture would impede their mission.

As to those who accuse us of being armchair whiners or whatever, the Senlis Council is there in Iraq and Afghanistan and their policies suggest they feel as we who oppose torture do so whether we get out of armchairs and go there doesn't seem to make a difference to their views.

Security and Development Policy Group - The Senlis Council

You want to see an Afghan suicide bomber being interviewed by Scott Taylor of Espirt de Corps magazine check this out. Aussiegal would have this guy tortured?????

YouTube - Interview with a suicide bomber

More interviews with one is who a failed suicide bomber at 17.

YouTube - interview with failed suicide bombers in Afghanistan

These are very simple folks who believe that if they don't they go to hell - school boys who even their families don't know they are being brainwashed to attack the "infidels". Torture isn't needed on these jihadists.

YouTube - interview with failed suicide bombers in Afghanistan
    Last edited by Football16; 04-12-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Newbie100:
    On the Palestinian side, they feel the injustice of being, in their view, politically and economically oppressed, which creates a huge pool of discontent. Being militarily overmatched, they channel their rage through “suicide bombers” to inflict maximum pain on their “enemies”, and to that end, they are successful, so they keep using it.
    I think it is more than 'in their view' that the big noses are being inexcusably oppressive. Most countries in the world are militarily overmatched by Israel, an over-armed aggressor which knows it can get away with whatever it wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    I think it is more than 'in their view' that the big noses are being inexcusably oppressive. Most countries in the world are militarily overmatched by Israel, an over-armed aggressor which knows it can get away with whatever it wants.
    The big noses? Not very helpful comment mate

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Quote Originally Posted by limepickle:
    The big noses? Not very helpful comment mate
    Worked in Life of Brian.

Red dot away chickenshits!

Closed Thread
Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast